MIUI 12 is the latest skin version by Xiaomi for its eligible devices. Now, the OEM has started pushing out the latest MIUI 12 Global Stable ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 variant that’s based on Android 10 and bumps up a new software version V188.8.131.52.QFAMIXM. Although it’s an MIUI 12 Beta Stable version, it’s expected that users may not experience any major bug or error in this build. Now, all the interested Xiaomi Mi 9 users can upgrade to this version via OTA or by following the flashing guide below.
Talking about the Xiaomi Mi 9, it was launched in 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie and has already received the Android 10 update. In terms of this latest firmware update, the Xiaomi Mi 9 users will get the all-new MIUI 12 skin, improved system animations, new wallpapers, privacy protection, floating windows, improved control center, improved dark mode, always-on display mode, improved lock screen, redesigned home screen, improved camera app, enhanced weather info, improved settings, security features, etc. You can check out the full update changelog below.
What’s New in MIUI 12?
MIUI 12 is the successor version of the last-gen MIUI 11 and it brings plenty of new & improved features that the MIUI lovers or users should appreciate a lot.
1. Revamped System Design and Animations
Xiaomi has purely revamped the MIUI system elements, design, animations for the all-new MIUI 12. According to Xiaomi, it uses the Mi Render Engine to make switching between apps much smoother and the screen is now more informative as well as clean. Meanwhile, the visualizations are greatly improved this time that will make the interactions on mobile devices in a much intuitive and efficient way. Additionally, Xiaomi has added a couple of newly designed wallpapers.
2. Improved Privacy Protection
The MIUI 12 will give better control over the app permissions that will be required to work properly. Now, the apps will ask users to give access individually like ‘While using the app’ and ‘Notify’. In that way, users will be able to prevent any apps to collect data or track your activity without requirements.
3. Floating Windows
MIUI 12 has added the all-new floating windows feature for easy multitasking. This mode will help users to navigate the whole screen and perform other tasks as well. In a simple word, the floating windows mode is similar to the PiP (Picture-in-Picture) mode.
4. Improved App Drawer
MIUI basically doesn’t use any kind of app drawer by default. Xiaomi is focused and interested in home screen icons for an intense look & feel. However, users can install and use any third-party app drawer on their Xiaomi devices. Now, the MIUI 12 users can enable the app drawer easily on the home screen.
5. Ultra Battery Saving
MIUI 12 adds the all-new ultra battery saving mode for the Xiaomi devices. This mode will limit the background running tasks, internet connectivity, other connectivities, networks, calls, messages, and more in order to save the battery life from a specific charge level.
6. Dark Mode
Dark Mode is one of the most asked and many popular features on Android for a year after launching Android 10 officially. Google has also implemented the dark mode to most of its apps and services. The dark mode usually reduces the eye strain and offers a great subtle look as well.
7. AOD (Always-on Display)
For most of the custom skin running devices, OEMs have started providing the customized and fully dedicated Always-on Display screen. It offers all the necessary notifications and other useful info all in one place without interacting too much. The AOD screen doesn’t eat too much battery juice and shows all the important notifications together with nice animations or designs.
Check Software Updates (OTA)
Xiaomi pushes the firmware OTA update to its devices in a phased manner and this process may take a few days or more to arrive on all the units completely. Meanwhile, all the interested users can manually check for the OTA update via the phone Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
Alternatively, the Xiaomi Mi 9 users can also go to the Software Updater app and check for the same. If there is any latest update available, just download and install it. Make sure to connect the handset to a Wi-Fi network and keep the battery level at least up to 50%.
MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Now, if in case, you’re not getting the OTA update notification, then you should manually flash the firmware file on your handset by following the guide below.
How to Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Mi 9
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Mi 9 model only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi 9. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Xiaomi Mi 9 successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.