Early this year Google has released Android Q Developer Preview updates for some of the selected eligible Android smartphones. After providing the beta updates, Google has finally launched the 10th generation of Android OS called Android 10 in September. Android 10 is a more refined, fully-featured, and security-centric OS version than its predecessors. Therefore, most smartphone OEMs are trying to deliver the latest Android update to its eligible devices as early as possible. So, if you’re using the Android 10 on your smartphone or somewhere near around getting the update soon, this article may be useful to you. As you have already read the title if you want to Install ViPER4Android on Android 10 Devices, check out the full guide. Here you will get the ViPER4Android overview, download links, and the complete installation steps as well.
ViPER4Android is one of the most popular and widely used Audio Equalizers or Mods for Android devices. It offers system sound customizations without any restrictions or permissions. However, in order to install and use ViPER4Android on your device, your device should be rooted first. Without root access, you can’t be able to use this module. It’s worth mentioning that the ViPER4Android is a Magisk Module and can be installed via Magisk.
Therefore, your Android 10 running device should have Magisk installed at first. Magisk is the systemless root process that enables full root access without affecting the system’s core files of your device. That means no security-concern app, security functionality, banking apps, or even Google’s SafetyNet feature won’t hurt your usage experience after rooting.
ViPER4Android on Android 10 Phones
A huge thanks to one of the junior members of XDA Developers, 1dopewrx05, for sharing a method on Pixel 2XL XDA thread. The ViPER4Android only works with a rooted device and the device should be running on Android 10 (aka Android Q) for sure.
ViPER4Android works perfectly on all Android Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, and Pie running devices. If you’re looking for the custom audio enhancing mod file or tool that can offer a better sound listening experience on your Android 9 Pie or lower Android version running devices, check the guide here.
Just like the Dolby Atmos or Hi-Res Audio or DAC or DTS sound enhancements, the ViPER4Android is a fully-featured sound mod developed by the XDA Developers. If your device doesn’t have any additional audio equalizer or surround sound technology, this Magisk Module may come in handy for you.
So, let’s take a look at the pre-requirements and download links before proceeding to the installation steps.
- Make sure that your phone should be running on the Android 10 version.
- Your device must be Rooted via Magisk.
- You can install the latest Magisk.zip and Magisk Manager app for better compatibility with the audio Module.
- Check the device’s internal storage is free enough or not.
- If you have any older version of the ViPER4Android module installed already, kindly uninstall that first and try to remove the audio modification library as well.
Steps to Install ViPER4Android on Android 10 Devices
- We assume that you have already rooted your device via Magisk. [Check the video guide]
- Download the latest ViPER4Android v18.104.22.168 APK file on your device.
- Then, install the APK on your Android 10 device.
- Next, open Magisk Manager and go to the Downloads section.
- Search for the Audio Modification Library module > tap on the down-arrow icon to download it.
- Select the Install button to install the module on your device.
- Once the module is installed, it will ask you to reboot your device. [DON’T REBOOT NOW]
- Next, go back to the ViPER4Android app > tap on the OK button to install the required ViPER4Android drivers.
- You will have to grant the Superuser permissions to the app when prompted.
- After the complete installation, your device will restart automatically.
- Now, go to the Magisk Manager > Modules > disable the Audio Modification Library.
- Go back again to the ViPER4Android app > do the drivers installation process again > your device will reboot again.
- Finally, launch the ViPER4Android app and check whether the drivers working properly or not.
- If yes, then you’re done. Enjoy!
But if the drivers not working properly, follow the below steps:
- Close the ViPER4Android app. Clear the background tasks and Recents page.
- Go to the Magisk Manager and re-enable the “Audio Modification Library” module.
- Next, go back to the ViPER4Android app and try to install the drivers once again.
- We hope everything will work fine.
Steps to Import Profile on ViPER4Android App
- Download the profile.zip file on your device and extract it in a separate folder.
- Next, copy the ViPER4Android folder in the Internal Storage of your device.
- Open the ViPER4Android app and tap on the three-dot menu icon.
- Load the extracted profile.
- Restart your phone. That’s it.
We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve easily installed the audio enhancement module on your Android 10 device. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.