Gaijin Entertainment has done a great job by releasing War Thunder as a free-to-play cross-platform MMO military video game that is based on aviation, armored vehicles, naval craft, etc. This vehicular combat multiplayer title is doing well in the market since 2013 and has received mostly positive reviews. However, several reports are coming out that the War Thunder Not Getting Research Points or Crew Points unexpectedly which prevents in-game progress.
According to multiple reports on the War Thunder forum, affected players are claiming that they’re unable to get research points for the vehicle & module from most of the matches in the multiplayer mode. Therefore, they’re getting frustrated by not being able to progress in the gameplay sessions. However, some of the players are only able to get one or two research points after completing a couple of matches which isn’t satisfactory at all.
Fix: War Thunder Not Getting Research Points / Crew Points
It’s also worth mentioning that the single-player missions and achievements are progressing really well and players are getting the crew points quite quickly. Well, this can be considered as one of the game server-related bugs or glitches that may happen to you in some specific scenarios. Whenever you leave the game early in the multiplayer mode, it’ll take some time to appear research points after the end of the match whether your team won or not.
While your profile regarding issues can also appear in the game that you should check out. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that can come in handy. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PC
First of all, try rebooting the PC after closing the War Thunder game to refresh the system and the game processes because there might be a temporary glitch on the system or issues with the game files that can trigger RP not getting.
2. Log Out of Profile and Log Back In
The second thing you can do is to log out of your profile and then log back into the War Thunder game account to refresh any kind of temporary glitches whatsoever. To do so:
- Make sure to launch the War Thunder game.
- Go to your ‘Profile’ or ‘Stat Card’.
- It should say ‘Change User’ > Then Log Out of the account.
- Wait for some time and then log back in.
- You should receive all the missing RP.
3. Don’t Leave the Match Before It Ends
Plenty of players have suggested not to leave the match in the multiplayer mode earlier before the match ends. It seems that the game system waits for the match to complete and then gives all pending research points or crew points whether your team won or not. By leaving the match earlier, you’ll have to wait for a while to get the missing RP.
4. Wait for a While to Appear RP
Even if you’ve left the multiplayer session earlier before it ends due to some reason then don’t worry. Make sure to wait for the match to complete for your teammates and then you can try refreshing the Profile or Stat Card to check for the research points. It should be added to all pending or missing RPs.
5. Update War Thunder
If you haven’t updated your War Thunder game to the latest version for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest update. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on War Thunder from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- Wait for some time to install the update > Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
6. Verify and Repair War Thunder Files
You should verify and repair the game files on the Steam client to check issues with the game. Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the system may cause multiple problems with the game launching as well as not getting rewards issues.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on War Thunder from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.