This film has all the bells and whistles of a big, brassy World War II movie, except for the flag waving. The massive online simulation of air and land combat during WWII by Gaijin Entertainment is an epic in its own right. Wild, cataclysmic battles alternate between terrifying and exhilarating on every map as dozens and dozens of planes and tanks from every nation fighting for freedom or fascism collide.
Like the Duke at Omaha Beach, the intense, fast-paced combat and wide range of difficulty settings can confuse battles because of the sheer number of options. But unfortunately, for the past couple of days, the War Thunder voice chat is not working, due to which users aren’t able to play this game on their PC. That’s the reason why we are here. This article has mentioned some of the best fixes to help you resolve this kind of error. So, if you are also facing this, make sure to perform the fixes we have mentioned below.
- How To Fix War Thunder Voice Chat Not Working
- Fix 1: Run War Thunder as an Administrator.
- Fix 2: Verify the Integrity of War Thunder Files
- Fix 3: Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Fix 4: Update DirectX
- Fix 5: Update Audio Drivers
- Fix 6: Disable Overlay Apps
- Fix 7: Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot
- Fix 9: Reinstall War Thunder
How To Fix War Thunder Voice Chat Not Working
So, here are some fixes that will help you resolve if the War Thunder voice chat is not working on your device. Therefore, make sure to perform the fixes exactly in the sequences we have mentioned below:
Fix 1: Run War Thunder as an Administrator.
The game voice chat may not work properly or stop if you are not running your video game with administrator privileges. Therefore, running the game’s exe file as an administrator on your Windows computer would be best to determine if that solves the problem. To do so:
- On your PC, right-click the War Thunder exe shortcut file.
- Then, go to the Properties window and select the Compatibility tab.
- You can checkmark the Run this program as an administrator box by clicking on it.
- To save your changes, click Apply and then OK.
Fix 2: Verify the Integrity of War Thunder Files
You can verify and repair the game files with the game launcher if they get corrupted or missing. Here’s how:
- Click on the Library icon in Steam.
- From the installed games list, right-click War Thunder.
- Click on Properties > Local Files.
- To verify the integrity of game files, click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- It will take a while for the process to complete.
- It simply means restarting the computer after the process is complete.
Fix 3: Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Many users have reported that after updating the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable on their PC, the War Thunder voice is not working issue gets resolved. Therefore, you must also try this out and check whether it helps or not. So, let’s check out the steps:
- On your PC, navigate to the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist
- These folders should be visible to you:
- Please ensure that all of these executables are run. VB_redist.x64.exe should be run in any folder that has the VB_redist.x64.exe file.
- To fix the problem, restart your computer.
Fix 4: Update DirectX
- Navigate to the C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Steamworks Shared/_CommonRedist/DirectX folder.
- After that, start DXSETUP.exe to reinstall/update DirectX.
- To apply the changes, restart your computer.
Fix 5: Update Audio Drivers
Numerous players have reported having problems with outdated audio drivers. You can check for updates if you’ve been using the outdated graphics driver for a while by following the steps below:
- You can open the Quick Link Menu by pressing Windows + X.
- In the Device Manager window, click the Audio Inputs and Outputs icon > Double-click it.
- You can do this by right-clicking the active, dedicated audio device.
- Select Update driver > Automatically search for drivers.
- When updates are available, the system will automatically download and install them.
- To apply the changes, restart the computer.
When you try this method, you should be able to use the voice chat on War Thunder on PC.
Fix 6: Disable Overlay Apps
Disabling overlay apps on the Windows computer, such as Xbox, Discord, or others, has helped some players resolve the issue of the game voice chat not working. In-game overlays are always running in the background when you launch the game client, so it is possible to have system resource issues or processes failing.
Fix 7: Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
You can try running the game in Windowed display mode to see if that makes a difference. When running a game in fullscreen mode on a computer with average hardware specifications, the display can have several issues.
- Go to the Library in the Steam client.
- To access War Thunder’s properties, right-click the icon and choose Properties.
- Click Set Launch Options in the General section.
- Then, copy and paste the following command-line argument:
- You can try running War Thunder again after saving changes and checking if it launches properly.
Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot
- Initially, to open the Run window, press Windows + R.
- You can now open the System Configuration window by typing msconfig and hitting Enter.
- To hide all Microsoft services, go to the Services section and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Select Disable all.
- To save the changes, click Apply and then OK.
- Open the Task Manager by clicking on the Startup tab.
- You can disable the startup tasks under the Startup tab in Task Manager by clicking on them and then clicking Disable.
- You should disable startup programs that have a high impact one at a time.
- Once you have completed all the steps, restart your PC to make the changes take effect.
- Lastly, check if War Thunder voice chat is working on PC now.
Fix 9: Reinstall War Thunder
Check if reinstalling War Thunder helps fix the game voice chat not working issue if none of the above methods worked for you. Here’s how:
- You will need to launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Go to Library > Right-click on War Thunder.
- Go to Manage > Uninstall.
- The uninstallation process can be completed by clicking Uninstall again and following the on-screen instructions.
- To ensure that the changes are applied immediately, reboot your computer after you have finished.
- Using your Steam account, open the Steam client again and install the game.
It’s done. This will surely help you resolve the War Thunder voice not working issue.
So, that’s how to fix if War Thunder’s voice chat doesn’t work. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, if you have any doubts or queries, comment below and let us know.