There is an issue that many iPhone users and Windows users are currently experiencing. Due to this issue, they are not able to connect their Windows 10 system to their iPhone’s hotspot. Whenever the user tries to connect to the Internet using the Wi-Fi hotspot made by the iPhone, it says that the Windows can’t connect to this Network. Now from iPhone 5 to iPhone 7 users, all have reported this error with their Windows 10 PC.
Since this error is so standard, we have compiled a guide with a few fixes to sort out the issue. Some solutions worked out for some users. Undoubtedly, one of these fixes mentioned below will solve your problem with your Windows system, not connecting to your iPhone’s hotspot too.
How to fix Windows 10 Laptop is not connecting to the iPhone Hotspot issue?
The first thing you need to make sure before going for the fixes is that whether or not you have a good internet plan. Some plans limit the number of connections to just three connections. So be sure to check that out before you go ahead.
Fixes you can try with your iPhone:
There are a few things with your phone that you can try to fix the issue.
- Open up Safari and try opening a webpage in that browser. If the page opens up, it will mean that you have an active internet connection on your iPhone. If it does not work, then the issue is with the connection and not with the devices.
- If you have an active internet connection, then the next thing you can try is performing a software update of the iPhone. For that, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- You can also try resetting your iPhone’s network settings. To do that, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Now try connecting to your iPhone’s hotspot again. If you are still not able to connect your Windows 10 system to your iPhone’s hotspot, then try the next potential solution.
Change the name of your iPhone:
Yes, even changing the name of your iPhone’s hotspot can fix this issue. Many users suffering from this issue have reported that changing the hotspot’s name to one that does not have spaces in between have fixed it for them. So you can also try changing your iPhone’s hotspot name to a word that does not include any blank spaces.
If you are still not able to connect your Windows 10 system to your iPhone’s hotspot, then try the next potential fix.
Use the Forget option for the Wi-Fi-Fi hotspot:
The next thing you can try is using the forget option to remove your iPhone’s hotspot from the list of saved networks and then connecting to the Network again.
- Click on the network icon at the bottom right corner in the taskbar.
- Then right-click on the iPhone’s Network and choose the option Forget.
- Now connect to the hotspot again by entering the password again.
If you see Windows can’t connect to this Network again, then move on to the next solution below.
Change the iPhone’s hotspot password:
Sometimes the issue might be with your password. So go to your iPhone’s hotspot settings and change the password of your hotspot. Once that is done, remove your iPhone’s Network from your saved networks list using the forget option. After that, connect to the hotspot again, but this time, enter the new password that you just set up.
If your Windows 10 system is again not connecting to your iPhone’s hotspot, then try the next potential solution.
Reset Network Adapter:
A network adapter is a device that is integrated into a computer to enable connection to wireless and wired routers. So you can try resetting your Network Adapter on your computer and then try connecting to the hotspot again.
- Press Windows Key + I to open up settings.
- Now click on Network & Internet.
- Now click on the Status tab on the left pane and then choose the Network reset option.
- Now click on the button Reset Now, and it will reinstall all the network adapters on your system and revert everything to its original settings.
If even resetting your network adapter did not sort your issue, then move on to the next potential fix.
Update Network Drivers:
Most of the time, Windows face error due to inconsistency in the drivers installed in the system. If you have outdated network drivers, then that could be the culprit behind your connection issue too. So you have to update your network drivers. But to update the network drivers, you will need an active internet connection.
- Press Windows Key + R, and it will open up the Run dialog box.
- Now enter “Devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and press the Enter Key. It will open up the Device Manager.
- In the list, look for Network adapters and expand it. Then right-click on the network adapter you are using and choose update driver.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to install the latest driver version using the Internet.
If you are still not able to connect your Windows 10 system to your iPhone’s hotspot, then try the final fix mentioned below.
Change Wi-Fi Security Type:
Changing the Wi-Fi security type did fix this particular issue for many users. So give this a try too.
- Press Windows Key + I to open up settings.
- Now, click on Network & Internet.
- In the status tab, click on the Change adapter option.
- Right-click on the Wi-Fi adapter and click on Status.
- Now click on Wireless Properties.
- Then go to the security tab, and there change the security type to No Authentication (Open).
- It will ask for the hotspot’s password. Enter it and click on, Ok.
Now you will be able to connect your Windows 10 system to your iPhone’s hotspot.
So these are all the fixes that you can try if you are having issues connecting your Windows 10 Laptop to your iPhone’s Hotspot. If you have any questions or queries about this guide on fixing the Windows can’t connect to this network issue between your iPhone’s hotspot and Windows computer, then comment down below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.