Xbox One is a pretty popular all-rounder console cum multimedia device. While Xbox One is a solid console when it comes to hardware and software, users do face issues at times. The issues are a variety of things and it becomes to difficult to find a fix. The most common issue users face is that their games and apps simply won’t load.
The difficult part about this issue is that there is no definite fix for it. The causes can be due to a number of issues so diagnosing it is a bit tricky. However, we have laid down a number of fixes that can help you get rid of the issue with ease. If none of the fixes given below work, it is recommended that you take your console to the service center and get it checked if everything is fine. Usually, if the console is under warranty you should be able to get it fixed without any problems. On to the fixes now:-
- Xbox One won’t Load Games & Apps: Comprehensive Guide to Fix
- Solution 1 – Restart the App/Game
- Solution 2 – Restart your console
- Solution 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall the App
- Solution 4 – Reboot the Console
- Solution 5 – Test Network Connection
- Solution 6 – Delete & Create a New Profile
- Solution 7 – Remove Local Save Games & re-sync with Cloud
- Solution 8: Check if the game was bought on your account
- Solution 9: Verify License of the Game
- Solution 10: Change your Xbox Console’s Position
- Solution 11: Check Your NAT type and change it to Open
- Solution 12: Clean Game Disc/Try a Different Disc
Xbox One won’t Load Games & Apps: Comprehensive Guide to Fix
Solution 1 – Restart the App/Game
If your app or game is not loading, the first thing you should try to do is restarting the app/game. This is the most common fix and if your console doesn’t have any major issues this or the next few fixes can usually fix it. Here is how to quit the app properly:-
- Go to the home screen and check if the app is there or if it is there on the most recently used tile
- While highlighting the app, click on Menu on your controller.
- Click on quit.
- Do note that if the app is not running the quit option will not be available.
- Once that’s done, go to the most recently used tiles and launch the app again.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 2 – Restart your console
If restarting the app doesn’t do the trick, then you need to restart your console at times. Sometimes the console OS lags out and that can create a number of problems. Restarting it should get rid of that issue. Here is how you can do it with ease:-
- Press the Xbox button on your console or controller to launch the guide
- Go to Settings and click on Restart Console
- Choose Yes to Confirm
- Once the console restarts, launch the app again and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall the App
Sometimes game’s files get corrupted due to some reason or the other. To fix this, you need to uninstall and reinstall the app. Here is how to do it :-
- Go to the home screen
- Select My Apps & Games
- Highlight the app you want to uninstall
- Press Menu and select Uninstall
- Reinstall the App
Solution 4 – Reboot the Console
Sometimes just restarting the console doesn’t fix the issue. You need to do a full power cycle to fix the issue. You can do so by the following steps:-
- Hold down the Xbox button for 10 seconds
- Once the console turns off, press the Xbox button to start it again. You should see the green Xbox boot up animation. If it doesn’t appear repeat the steps again until you see it.
- Check if the app works
Solution 5 – Test Network Connection
Sometimes poor network can cause a number of issues while playing the game. Make sure your internet is working properly by following the following steps :-
- Press the Xbox button and open the guide
- Go to System and then click on Settings
- Choose Network and then click on Network Settings
- Select Test Network connection
If your console is properly connected to the internet, this should be done successfully. If you are asked to update your console the software go ahead and press Yes. You need up to date software for your apps to work properly.
Solution 6 – Delete & Create a New Profile
If your profile or profile data is corrupted, it can be the root of many issues. Simply deleting your profile and creating a new one can fix the issues.
- Press the Xbox Button and open the guide
- Click on System and then go to Settings
- Select Account and click on Remove Accounts
- Select the profile you want to delete and click on Remove
Once that’s done, you need to download your profile to get a fresh account. Here is how to do it:-
- Press the Xbox button and open the guide
- On the top left corner choose your gamerpic
- Move down and select Add new
- Enter the email address and password of your Microsoft Account
Solution 7 – Remove Local Save Games & re-sync with Cloud
Sometimes corrupted game files can cause the app to not open. This is one of the most common causes of the problem. Here is how you can clear the offline data and re-sync with the cloud.
- Press the Xbox button and go to my apps and games
- Highlight the app but don’t click on it
- Press menu and select Manage Game
- On the right side of your screen, under Saved Data highlight the Saved Data for your Gamertag
- Press A on your controller and select Delete
- This will remove the local save of the game from the console.
- Once that’s done, restart your console
- Press the Xbox button and click on System
- Go to System, and click on Settings and then go to System again
- Select Console info and choose Restart console
- Click on Restart
- On Restarting the console, your console automatically syncs your saved data from the Cloud once you are connected to Xbox Live
Solution 8: Check if the game was bought on your account
Many users have multiple user accounts and try to access the game which wasn’t in their account to begin with. To make sure your app loads. you need to ensure that the game you are trying to open is bought on that account itself.
Solution 9: Verify License of the Game
To ensure that the game runs on your account, you need to have a license of the game. Without a license, you can’t run the game. The same holds true if the game is not bought on your account
Solution 10: Change your Xbox Console’s Position
The Xbox One console should be placed in a flat horizontal surface. Placing it otherwise might cause issues. Also, make sure there is enough space around the console for airflow since the console may heat up if it is placed in a too cluttered space.
Solution 11: Check Your NAT type and change it to Open
If you are trying to play online, sometimes NAT type can also cause issues. To have a seamless experience, you need to have an Open NAT type.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Scroll to the System area in the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Click on Network Settings.
- Finally, click on Test NAT Type
If your NAT type is not Open, here is how to make your NAT type open.
- Go to your router’s login page. This is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. However, this can vary depending on the router model. Open your router’s user guide to know the url of the login page.
- Use the credentials given in your router’s guide on the login page. The default username is usually admin and the password is password or admin. However, this can be different as well depending on the router model.
- Go to the UPnP tab of your router.
- Enable UPnP
- Save the settings and reboot your router.
Solution 12: Clean Game Disc/Try a Different Disc
If your disc has got dirty due to some reason or has got fingerprints on it, it may not run properly. Clean your disc with a soft cloth and try using it again. If that doesn’t work as well, try inserting a different disc. If the other disc works, then the previous disc is likely damaged.