On this page, we will share all the latest Xiaomi Redmi 5 (codenamed rosy) firmware flash files. To flash the firmware file, you need Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool which works on both Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can follow this guide to flash the firmware stock ROM file on Xiaomi Redmi 5.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Device Overview:
Xiaomi Redmi 5 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 coupled with 3GB or 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB/32GB/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. The camera on the Xiaomi Redmi 5 comes with a 16MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash and a 5MP front shooting camera.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Po 3,680 mAh battery with Fast battery charging it also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports a dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwvili from Xiaomi Redmi 5
- You can fix the boot loop issue on the Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped errors on the Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot the Xiaomi Redmi 5
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device:
- Restore Xiaomi Redmi 5 back to Factory State
How to install Stock Firmware on Xiaomi Redmi 5
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- This Flash File is for Xiaomi Redmi 5.
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver for Windows and MAC.
- Download and Install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC (Fastboot Method)
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data
Download Flash Files:
- rosy_global_images_V184.108.40.206.ODAMIXM_20200103.0000.00_8.1_global | Miui 11
- rosy_global_images_V220.127.116.11.ODAMIXM_20191023.0000.00_8.1_global | Miui 11
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide. Please proceed if you know what you’re doing!
To install MIUI Flash files on your Xiaomi Redmi 5, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
I hope you installed the Stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 5 (rosy) successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.