Many iPhone 8 and 8 Plus users reported that they’re receiving a mistake message saying “A device attached to the system isn’t functioning”. Most users experience this once they try to transfer their photos and videos to Windows via USB. The error message occurs mainly thanks to your computer not properly communicating together with your iOS device. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix ‘A device attached to the system is not functioning’ Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
The error message occurs when connection simply breaks off after a couple of pictures, the upload doesn’t run stably or the connected device – during this case the iPhone – “no longer responds”. the matter isn’t on your computer but is together with your iPhone’s picture format compatibility. The article explains why this crash occurs and what you’ll do to repair this problem.
Possible Reasons Behind This
This could be because of many reasons, such as:
- The iPhone or iPad is not connected to the computer properly.
- The computer’s USB port or USB cable may not be working.
- Photos and videos are not incompatible formats.
When you connect an external device like memory card, USB flash drive, external hard disc, or mobile to the computer so as to transfer photos, videos, or music files, a mistake message pops up, saying “A device attached to the system isn’t functioning”. The pop-up window is often closed easily via clicking the X button from the top-right corner, as follows:
This error means your computer cannot properly communicate or transfer data with the attached device. Thus, you’re likely to urge this error when your PC is connected with removable drives and there could be something wrong with connection, driver compatibility, or USB port quality, etc. In other words, the error indicates that either the external device or computer needs proper maintenance. However, in some cases, the error also shows up in Windows 10 albeit there aren’t any external devices connected, as an example, you’ll encounter the error when opening a doc, png, or the other files.
Fix ‘A device attached to the system is not functioning’ Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
According to some of the users’ feedback, initially, you can see that the files are being copied from your iPhone to the Windows PC but suddenly the error will occur which is very irritating if you’re copying any work-related videos or the issue appears frequently.
- First of all, simply disconnect your iPhone from your Windows 10 PC.
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down a bit and head over to the Photos section.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and select Keep Originals under Transfer to Mac or PC.
- Finally, reconnect your iPhone to your PC and try to copy or videos from the device to the PC again.
- It should work properly now.
Also Read: Lock Your WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal using Face ID on iPhone
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix ‘A device attached to the system is not functioning’ Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Use Ultra Wide-Angle Camera on iPhone 8 Plus
- How to remove SIM card from iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to set up and use AirPods with the new iPhone 8 plus
- How to edit and share voice memos on iPhone 8 plus