Millions of iPhone and iPad users try to upgrade their devices to iOS 13, the newly released, fabulous OS iteration by Apple. But a mobile software update isn’t freed from hitches and problems. So is that the case with iOS 13, tons of users have reported a mistake that they are available across while installing iOS 13 in their iPhones. The error is “Software Update Failed, a mistake occurred downloading iOS 13”. There might be multiple causes of this error, and therefore the excellent news is that you simply can fix this error. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
With timely updates for its OS, Apple has been within the top position thanks to its iOS leaving Android. But most of the time, while updating the iOS to the newest version, users face a problem and see a message stating iPhone software update failed a mistake occurred downloading iOS. Well, there could be many possibilities behind “A software update is required to attach to your iOS device” issue. a number of them could be a weak internet connection, incompatibility of the device, software glitches, and lots more. Today we’ll take you out of this dilemma by offering possible solutions to the present problem.
Apple’s new iOS version, iOS 13, is meant to bring out new features to iOS devices like new dramatic dark mode, photos, and camera enhancement, privacy and security updates, 3D maps, and tons more. However, there are few reported errors where users are becoming software update failure. This could be thanks to a minor software glitch or random bugs.
Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
Mostly, one of the common issues during software update error is low storage on your iPhone. You need to address that thing first. Make sure that your iPhone has enough storage so that it can install the system update and its files. Whereas, you should also check out whether your phone battery is low on charge or not. If yes, then charge it fully before updating the new software version.
1. Restart your iPhone
- Long-press both the Power/Side key and Volume Up key for a few seconds.
- Then release both the keys whenever the Slide to Power off bar appears on the display.
- Slide/drag the bar to turn off your iPhone.
- After a couple of seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button.
- The Apple logo will appear and then release the button.
- Your device will boot into the system.
- Then try to update the software version on your iPhone via Settings > General > Software Update.
2. Reconnect Mobile Data or Wi-Fi
Some times, it may happen that your iPhone may face downloading or installing related issues for both the mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. Make sure to turn off and then turn on the respective connection that you use.
- Head over to the Settings > Select Wi-Fi or Mobile Data > Turn off the toggle and turn on back.
Then try to check the software update whether it’s working fine or not.
3. Forget Wi-Fi Network/Password
- Open iPhone Settings > tap on Wi-Fi and turn it on.
- Scroll down to the list of available networks and select your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the “i” icon to get details.
- Next, tap on the Forget this network option.
- If prompted, tap on the Forget network again to confirm.
4. Reset All Settings to fix Software Update failed on iPhone 11
- Form the home screen, go to the Settings > General > Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
- If asked, enter the passcode and continue.
- Confirm again by tapping on Reset All Settings.
- Restart your handset.
5. Install iOS Update via iTunes or Finder App
- Launch the iTunes app or the Finder app on your PC.
- For Windows and older Mac, it will be iTunes. While the new macOS Catalina has the Finder app.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via the stock or Apple certified lightning cable.
- Once connected, you will get an iPhone icon.
- Next, locate your device > click on General or Settings.
- Then click on Check for Update.
- If the new update is available, click on Download and Update.
- You may have to enter your device passcode to get verified.
- Wait for the complete update process.
- Your device reboot into the new system automatically.
- Finally, disconnect your handset.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Use Ultra Wide-Angle Camera on iPhone 8 Plus
- How to remove SIM card from iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to set up and use AirPods with the new iPhone 8 plus
- How to edit and share voice memos on iPhone 8 plus
- How to work with the podcasts app on iPhone 8 plus