After rolling Android 9 Pie for Galaxy A8, A8 Plus, A7 2018, Today Samsung started rolling Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy A9 2018. In case if you still running the Android Oreo, then you need 2GB data to download.
The update is currently rolling over the air for users around the globe. As far as we know, the first batch of downloads is already rolled. If you are lucky, then you should see the update notification on your Galaxy A9 2018. To check for the software update, then head down to the Settings App –> Software update –> then Download and install option. If you have the update, then you will see a new update.
Make sure that you have enough battery backup before upgrading your Galaxy A9 2018 to stable Android 9.0 Pie update. Your device should be connected to a stable WiFi network or your carrier will charge you for the data. Ensure that you have taken the backup before you upgrade.
The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Stable Android Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy A9 2018
With the stable version of Android Pie, the Samsung has integrated the new user interface called One UI which comes with very clean Samsung UI and mostly with one-handed usage friendly. With this release, you also get all the Android Pie and One UI features.
Well, One UI is the new interface developed by Samsung for their all supported device. It is currently started with the base of Android Pie which brings new and enhanced One UI interface design along with many new features and customizations. The main features of OneUI are one-handed usage and other features include a system-wide dark mode, a new UI, and design language focused on ease of use and reachability, and a lot more things.
Features of OneUI are:
Well, One UI is the new interface developed by Samsung for their all supported device. It is currently started with the base of Android Pie which brings new and enhanced One UI interface design along with many new features and customizations. The main features of OneUI are one-handed usage and other features include system-wide dark mode, a new UI, and design language focused on ease of use and reachability, and a lot more things.
- Content and Settings have been re-organized
- Interactive Elements moved to screen bottom for easy access
- Night mode feature
- Reply to messages directly in the notification panel
- Image thumbnails now show on the notification
- New Emojis
- Adaptive theme changes
- Floating keyboard
Always On Display
- New clock styles added
- Battery charging information
- Improved search
- Enables search within App
- New scene optimizer enhances the camera color settings.
- Adds new Editor tool for Photos.
- New storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor storage usage.
- Show/hide items on MyFiles home screen.
- Shows daily step counts in the notification panel.
- Lift to wake feature turns on the screen when you pick up the phone.
Download Firmware, Odin Tool, and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure that you download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
Steps to Install Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy A9 2018:
Now, let us take a look at the prerequisites for installing the build number on Galaxy A9 2018. Should we?
- Make sure that your Galaxy A9 2018.
- You need a PC for this guide.
- Your Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 should have at least a 60% charge left.
- Active Internet Connection.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Once you have downloaded the above prerequisites, its time to install the Android Pie on your Samsung Galaxy A9 2018.
Instructions to Install:
Now, in order to install Android 9.0 Pie on your Samsung Galaxy A9 2018, you need to follow these steps carefully. You need Full ROM, USB Drivers and the latest ODIN tool.