Good news for all the Moto G7 Play unit users as the company has finally started pushing the latest Android 10 update in Brazil. The firmware OTA update is making its way in a phased manner and it may take a while in order to arrive on all the units globally. Lenovo-owned brand Motorola has released the Moto G7 Play in March 2019 that came with Android 9.0 Pie preloaded. Now, all the interested Moto G7 Play users can download and install the Android 10 update below that bumps up a software version QPY30.52-22.
To be very specific, Motorola isn’t known for its software update policies as the brand can’t manage to deliver the on-time major Android updates or the frequent security patch updates as well. Even after launching the Android 10 stable back in September 2019, Motorola has managed to push the same for the Moto G7 Play when the Android 11 public Beta has already arrived. But it’s better late than never.
We will recommend you to check for the OTA update manually on an interval basis to get notified earlier. Meanwhile, you can manually flash the firmware update file by following the guide below.
What’s on Android 10?
Google unveiled the latest Android iteration called Android 10. With this new release, Google has ditched the desert monikers and will stay with a version number starting with Android 10 OS. Android 10 features many new features and changes including new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc
Andriod 10 features:
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically caption while you’re playing media on your phone of videos, podcasts, recordings, and audio messages. It works in offline mode as well.
- Smart Reply: In Android 10, you will get suggested responses to your incoming messages. Additionally, you will see the bubble feature just like Facebook Chat Messenger bubble for a quick reply.
- Sound Amplifier: With Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine-tune the audio to enhance the listening experience.
- Gesture Navigation: Gesture Navigation controls are now quicker and more intuitive than ever for the full-screen devices.
- Dark Theme: The dark theme reduces eye-strain and improves the device battery life.
- Privacy Controls: With Android 10 OS, you’re totally in control of your device privacy. User will know which apps are accessing data.
- Location Controls: Android 10 will let the users control which apps or the map access location or not.
- Security Updates: Android devices get monthly security updates via software update option over OTA. In Android 10 version, you’ll get the security patch updates even faster and easier via Google Play.
- Focus Mode: The beta version of Focus mode will let users select apps to control the usage timing and addiction towards them which is quite similar to the Digital Wellbeing.
- Family Link: It’s one of the new Android 10 features. You will need to set the digital ground rules and help yourself or your kids to make healthy habits. Keep track or control the screen time limits, app access, etc.
Check Software Update (OTA)
In order to check for the OTA update, head over to the device Settings > About Phone > System updates. If the latest update is available, tap on YES, I’M IN and wait for the update to install completely.
Ensure that you’ve connected your device to a Wi-Fi network and charged the battery fully. But if in case, you’re not getting the OTA update notification on your handset, then check below for the firmware flashing guide.
Steps to Install Moto G7 Play Android 10 Update
Still not received the OTA update for Android 10? then, don’t panic. Here we have the full firmware package and method to install the Android 10 firmware on your Moto G7 Play manually.
- This firmware file is only for the Moto G7 Play (Codenamed: channel) model.
- Keep a full backup of your device data.
- Ensure to download and install the drivers and tools on your PC.
- Charge your device more than 60% at least.
Instructions to InstallGuide to Install Motorola Stock Firmware
Let’s assume that you’ve installed or updated your Moto G7 Play to the latest firmware version successfully. Facing any issues? Comment below.