Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) (A510xx) (a5xelte)? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy A5 2016 smartphone.
Talking about the specifications, Galaxy A5 2016 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Exynos 7580 Octa processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory. The camera on the Galaxy A5 2016 comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor in the front.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy A5 2016, then let us make things more clear. It’s been few months, the developers are struggling to bring stable build of Android 8.1 Oreo to many supported devices. Earlier we had shared some of the custom ROM known as Lineage OS 15.1, Pixel Experience ROM, AOSiP, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix Oreo etc based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can simply check out the link to see if you have your device in it.
Android 8.1 Oreo and Features:
Well, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo which was released in August 2017. The Android Oreo is the 8th iteration of Android OS and comes with many new features such as New emoji, picture-in-picture mode, multi-window, Better public Wi-Fi connections, Revamped notifications, Notification Dots, Notification channels, Google Play Protect, Project Treble, Autofill, smart text selection, Better battery life and performance and also new Settings menu and other UI tweaks. After rolling the 8.1 Oreo, Google also pushed the Android 8.1 Oreo branch tree to Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy A5 2016:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy A5 2016. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the PURE Android Oreo Stock build on Galaxy A5 2016 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Galaxy A5 2016, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for Galaxy A5 2016 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your complete ROM before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- If you have root installed, then take backup of all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 [Updated]
Download The ROM and Gapps
|Lineage OS 15.1||Download|
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy A5 2016
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A5 2016. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Galaxy A5 2016.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Link to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone[/su_note]
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release