Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (codename: gts3llte, Model name: SM-T825) launched in February 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we will discuss which are the available custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB sideload method if it’s a GSI build. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie Update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
- Supported on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- Your Galaxy Tab S3 must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
- Download any Android 9.0 Pie build:
Version crDroid OS Lineage OS 16
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3:
- To install via TWRP Recovery follow our guide on how to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- To install GSI build via TWRP or ADB Sideload method: How to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.