Zenfone 4 from ASUS is going stronger with passing time. The two-year-old device is now getting its second major system upgrade. The Zenfone 4 is now receiving Android Pie update. It is available with the build number WW-16.0620.1905.10. This phone came into the market in 2017 with Android 7.x Nougat. Later it stepped up to Android 8.1 Oreo. Now, it is receiving the Android 9.0 Pie update.
You can wait for the automatic airborne update carrying the Pie update to knock into your device. Otherwise, you are not of the waiting kind, then you can straightaway install the latest stock ROM manually. We have put up the download link for the ROM file that packs the Pie step-up. Also, we have mentioned a guide that will make it convenient for you to flash the ROM on your own. So, check it out.
What features Android 9.0 Pie will Bring for Zenfone 4.?
The major highlight of Android Pie is the gesture navigation system. Along with that revamped design in the Settings, the introduction of the dark theme, screenshot button, improved and enhanced APIs. Also, Google has introduced the all-new dashboard otherwise called as Digital Wellbeing. It will make the user aware of his smartphone use.
Downloading Android Pie System Update OTA
Well, we did say that the new system upgrade is making its way over-the-air. Usually, these updates roll in automatically and notify the users to install it. However, due to geographical locations, everyone sporting the device may not see the update. So, it is wise to search and download the update manually.
- Go to your phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center.
- Then tap on System update> Check for update.
- If the WW-16.0620.1905.10 update shows as available, then tap on Download.
Usually, system updates are files sized up to gigabytes. So, we suggest that you connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the update. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Asus ZenFone 4 must have at least 50% or more battery charge before installing the new system update.
Download WW-16.0620.1905.10 Firmware
Here is the download link for the latest firmware which brings the Android Pie update for the ASUS Zenfone 4.
How To Install Android Pie Update Manually on ASUS Zenfone 4
Usually, we have two ways by which we will install the latest Android Pie stock firmware on the ASUS Zenfone 4. These include installation by flashing update from the recovery and the second is by ADB sideloading method. However, before going into the details of the installation you need to follow up with some guidelines we have mentioned below.
- This firmware and this guide are exclusively for ASUS Zenfone 4. Don’t use it on any other devices.
- Download ASUS USB Drivers on your PC.
- you have to download ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for install by recovery method)
- Before installing new update take a complete backup of your data.
Let’s check out the two installation methods.
Software Upgrade by Recovery
- Download the firmware WW-16.0620.1905.10 & move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for some time as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process.
ADB Sideloading Method
You can also follow the ADB sideload method to install the Pie update on your Zenfone 4. Check out the guide below.How to use ADB Sideloading to Install System Update on ASUS Zenfone 4
So, that’s it, guys. Now, you can enjoy the all-new Android 9.0 Pie on your ASUS Zenfone 4. the We hope this guide was useful to you.