Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) players are having issues with the random glitches or some of the potential bugs for a while after using the early access build. We should also mention that Krafton has sent Android device data of the players silently to China servers, revealed by IGN India recently. Now, the Battleground Mobile India Maps Not Downloading Problem is becoming one of the major headaches as well.
Plenty of players have started reporting that the revived PUBG Mobile version ‘Battlegrounds Mobile India’ is preventing them to download in-game maps and caused matchmaking errors while in the gameplay. Initially, the problem was spotted in the Erangle map, now it seems that the Arcade mode also included in the list.
Fix: Battleground Mobile India Maps Not Downloading Problem
Krafton has just released a hotfix for this issue and mentioned it on their official handles. It seems that the maps not downloading issue and the matchmaking error has been fixed now. So, make sure to update your in-game package content or resources properly to fix it. Here we’ve shared all the possible ways that you can follow.
Method 01: Use ‘Routine Repair’
- First, launch the BGMI game on your Android device.
- Tap on the arrow icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings > Select Log Out.
- Once you’re logged out of your account, tap on the Repair button from the loading screen.
- Make sure to enable or checkmark the Routine Repair box.
- Then tap on OK to save changes.
- Once the client has been repaired, you should open the game again.
- Now, the respective hotfix patch will be installed automatically.
- Voila! You’ll be good to go.
However, if you’re still unable to fix the maps not downloading issue on your Android handset, then make sure to follow the next method below.
Method 02: Delete PAK Files
For your ease, we’ve provided the video guide that you can check out. Alternatively, you can read the step-by-step guide below.
- First of all, head over to the Google Play Store and search for ZArchiver or you can directly click on this link.
- Now, tap on Install, and wait until it gets installed completely on your Android device.
- Tap on Open > Tap on the Android folder > Go to the data folder.
- Next, scroll down the list, and tap on the com.pubg.imobile folder.
- Here you’ll have to open the files folder > Tap on the TGPA folder.
- Then tap on the ShadowTrackerExtra folder > Now, tap on the ShadowTrackerExtra folder once again.
- Open the Saved folder > Tap on the Paks folder.
- Scroll down the list inside the Paks folder and here you can see a bunch of .pak extension files.
- You just need to select only 03 (three) .pak extension files from the list. Select the following three files respectively.
- Make sure to select all three mentioned .pak extension files together and Delete them from your device.
- If prompted, just tap on Yes to confirm and complete the deleting process.
- Once deleted all three pak files, you can now run the Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) game on your handset.
- After loading the BGMI game on the main screen, tap on the maps option from the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the map downloading button or retry button and check whether the maps are getting downloaded or not.
- All the maps will be downloaded one by one.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.