While downloading stock firmware for any of the Samsung Galaxy devices manually, users need to select the CSC (Country Specific Code) for the exact model number. It’s quite important for both the device variant and users to get systematic future updates according to the server region, carrier APN, system language, and more. However, if in case, you want to change the CSC on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 to start using a different firmware version then this guide is for you.
Now, make sure to check the model numbers of the Galaxy Tab S7 device are the same for the country where you want to change the CSC. That means don’t look for a different model number CSC for your device. You can check it here. You can also check the CSC on XDA Forum (credit to Jasi2169).
Galaxy Tab S7 Specs Overview
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 sports an 11-inch LTPS TFT WQXGA LCD display with 2,560 x 1600 pixels resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. The massive size has been great for getting work wiped out DeX also as for general content consumption, and it doesn’t feel totally unwieldy either. It measures 253.8 x 165.4 x 6.34 mm and weighs 495 grams.
Under the hood, the device is powered by the Snapdragon 865+ SoC, including Adreno 650 GPU, 6GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage that’s further expandable via microSD card. The tablet boots Android 10 OS with OneUI 2.0 custom skin on top.
In the camera department, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 features a dual rear camera setup that has a 13-megapixel primary sensor with an f/2.0 lens and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor with an f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens. The camera setup is paired with an LED flash and comes with autofocus support. Furthermore, there’s an 8-megapixel camera sensor at the front that doubles as a webcam and comes with an f/2.0 lens.
The tablet supports S Pen with 9 ms latency, handwriting recognition, and Air Gestures. There are children’s mode, Wireless DeX, and Knox for data security. Connectivity features include Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, ANT+, and optional 5G support. It comes with quadruple stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos and an integrated microphone.
How to Change CSC on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Once you’re on the Sammobile page, type in your device model number and leave the CSC blank. Now, search for the model number and which countries will be listed there should work on your Galaxy Tab S7 device.
- Maintain at least 70% of battery level or higher.
- Backup all the important data of your device. Changing CSC will erase all data.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on the PC.
- Next, download the stock firmware that you want to use. So, the zip file will contain 05 files > Delete the HOME\_CSC file only.
- Download and run the ODIN Flash Tool on PC.
CSC Changing Steps:
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 in Download Mode > Connect the device to PC.
- Start flashing the Samsung firmware and in a couple of minutes, Odin will say PASS (Don’t unplug the cable after this).
- Once the Samsung boot screen appears, you may not see the correct language. Still, you can set up the device.
- Now, download the Translation APK file on your device from this link. (credit to yakapa40)
- Enable Unknown Sources from the device Settings > Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Go to Galaxy Themes > My Stuff > Set Mysterious Theme (Don’t tap on Update).
- Head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Legal information > Change Carrier > Choose and install your preferred CSC > Remove SIM card > Restart your phone.
- Wait until the device boot into the system > Set up the phone again and enjoy.