The Crew Motorfest is the latest racing video game developed by Ubisoft Ivory Tower and published by Ubisoft for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. It will be the sequel to 2018’s The Crew 2 and the third game in The Crew series. Although the game is quite good in terms of racing and the gameplay is smooth enough, some PC users find it difficult to continue playing it. After an update recently, the Crew Motorfest game seems to be Stuck on a Black Screen. Plenty of players are facing the same issue.
If you’re also one of the victims, follow this troubleshooting guide. It looks like an unwanted bug is troubling the PC players a lot that the developers need to address as early as possible. However, if you don’t want to wait longer for the patch fix, then don’t worry. Here, we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds that should help you.
- Fix: The Crew Motorfest is Stuck on a Black Screen After the Update
Fix: The Crew Motorfest is Stuck on a Black Screen After the Update
Well, it’s quite unfortunate that no error message or warning appears on the screen before or after the PC’s black screen issue, which is another concern for the players. At the same time, rebooting the PC didn’t come in handy to the affected players whatsoever. Now, let’s jump into the guide below without wasting any more time.
1. Verify Games Files
The chances are high that after installing the latest update, your Crew Motorfest game files either become corrupted or missing. In that scenario, you should verify game files on Ubisoft Connect to check for the issue. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Launch the Ubisoft Connect on the PC > Make sure you’re logged into the same account used to purchase the game.
- Now, select the Games tab > Highlight the tile of the Crew Motorfest game that you want to troubleshoot.
- Make sure to select the arrow icon on the bottom right side.
- Then, a drop-down menu will appear, and select Verify files.
- If prompted, select Repair and wait for the process to be completed.
- Ubisoft Connect will start repairing and restoring any missing or corrupted files on the PC automatically.
- Once done, close the client and restart the PC to apply changes.
Epic Games Launcher
If you’re playing the Crew Motorfest game on your PC via Epic Games Launcher, follow the steps below to verify and repair game files.
- Open Epic Games Launcher on the PC.
- Click on the Game Library > Click on Crew Motorfest.
- Select Settings > Click on Verify.
- Close the launcher, then restart the PC to apply changes.
However, repairing the game files doesn’t come in handy for you, so we recommend you follow some additional workarounds mentioned below.
2. Update Graphics Driver
It can also be possible that an outdated graphics card driver is causing issues with the game launching or gameplay after the recent update. You should also update the GPU driver on the PC to apply changes. To do so:
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s currently active.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
3. Update Crew Motorfest
Sometimes, an update may be available for your game for a while, and you haven’t installed the update. In that scenario, you’re still running the older and buggy patch version on the PC which can cause several issues whatsoever. It’s not necessary that each time every patch update may trouble you. So, always keep your game up-to-date. To do so:
For Ubisoft Connect
- Open the Ubisoft Connect on the PC > Open the three-line menu icon in the top-left of your screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down > Go to Downloads.
- Here you can select Enable automatic game updates for recently played games.
- Alternatively, you can manually update your game by just selecting the Crew Motorfest game tile in your library then clicking on Update.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to change effects immediately.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Crew Motorfest.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
4. Press ALT+TAB Key Combo
Some affected PC users have mentioned that by pressing the ALT + TAB key shortcut combo, they can switch between the opened programs on the PC. So, keep pressing the ALT + TAB to switch between programs and then go back to the running game to check whether the problem has been fixed. It’ll change the display mode from full-screen to windowed mode and then full-screen mode, which can fix the black screen issue.
5. Check System Resources
If the game loads slowly or takes too much time in a startup, check out the system resources after launching the Crew Motorfest game on your PC by following the steps below to check whether the RAM or CPU Usage becomes higher.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, restart your computer to change effects immediately.
6. Update Windows
If you haven’t updated the Windows OS build on the PC, then follow the steps below to check for updates and install the pending update. To do that:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
7. Update DirectX
Sometimes, an outdated DirectX version or missing DirectX can also cause multiple issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try following the steps below to update it.
- Head to this Microsoft link to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your PC.
- Next, install or update the DirectX version manually.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
8. Try Disabling Other Overlay Apps
Some popular apps seem to have an overlay program that can eventually run in the background and cause gaming performance or even launching issues. You should turn them off to fix the issue by following the steps below:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Crew Motorfest.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game Bar option.
If, in case, you’re unable to find the Game Bar option, then search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
Also, remember that you should always disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background.
9. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Make sure to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your computer to fix multiple gaming issues or errors completely. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps & Features and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) in the list.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your computer and restart the system to change the effects.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.