Bend Studio and PlayStation PC LLC have done a great job by releasing an open-world post-pandemic zombies survival video game called Days Gone which is only available for Windows and PlayStation platforms exclusively. Since 2021, the title has already received positive reviews for the PC version due to its stunning gaming and visuals. While some players are eager to know Days Gone Best Graphics Settings for 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, etc.
If in case, you’re one of the Days Gone players on the PC or want to be a part of it then this in-game graphics settings optimization guide should come in handy for you. Optimizing the graphics settings might help a lot in terms of gaming performance, improving the framerate count, reducing lags or stutters, and more. No matter whether you’re using a low-end PC or a high-end gaming rig, proper graphics settings will improve performance drastically.
Though Days Gone can run quite well on most gaming PCs but when it comes to getting better FPS then make sure to adjust the in-game graphics settings according to your preference. But the incorrect or non-optimized graphics settings of the specific game might cause multiple issues on the PC. Here we’ve managed to share with you the best graphics settings for Days Gone on the PC so that you can enjoy optimal 60 FPS or higher performance quite easily.
- Days Gone Best Graphics Settings for 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
Days Gone Best Graphics Settings for 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
It’s worth mentioning that you may experience lower framerates per second or in-game lags during the gaming sessions. However, such issues may occur on budget segment computers in most cases. But you never know if the specific game running fine on your PC due to the hardware specifications or the in-game optimized graphics settings. While the high-end PC users may also encounter some reduced FPS count that can be easily improved with adjustments.
So, tweaking the graphics settings on the video game is quite necessary if you want the highest possible performance on your gaming PC respective to the hardware capacity as well as the graphics resolution quality. Obviously, you may higher FPS count on 1080p resolution quality, and reduce FPS on 2K or 4K quality which will also require powerful hardware and a top-tier graphics card. Well, the top-tier Nvidia graphics cards are popular for their performance.
1. Check System Requirements
Before jumping into any other workarounds or settings adjustments, you should ensure that your PC specification is compatible enough or not. We’ve mentioned the system requirements below that you can check out.
- OS: Windows 10 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX firstname.lastname@example.orgGHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4 GB)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 70 GB of available space
- OS: Windows 10 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 70 GB of available space (SSD Recommended)
As you can see, you’ll require at least Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or a higher graphics card model to be able to run the Days Gone game properly on the PC. While the developers are recommending Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) GPU to get the best-optimized gaming experience with minimal FPS drops. So, make sure that your PC specification meets the requirements of the game to avoid game launching or performance-related issues.
2. Get a Minimum of 60 FPS with Optimal Graphics Settings
By minimizing the in-game display resolution or aspect ratio to the native monitor’s support, you’ll be able to get the optimized gameplay whatsoever. You can follow the settings below and apply them to get better results.
- WINDOW MODE – Fullscreen
- RESOLUTION – 1920×1080 or Native
- REFRESH RATE – According to Monitor’s Refresh Rate
- VSYNC – Off
- FRAME RATE LIMITER – Unlimited
- SYNC INTERVAL – According to the Refresh Rate
- FIELD OF VIEW – 70
- RENDER SCALE – 90 to 100 (Lowest 90% is recommended)
- QUALITY PRESET – Custom
- CHROMATIC ABERRATION – Off
- MOTION BLUR – Off
- LIGHTING QUALITY – Medium
- GEOMETRY QUALITY – Medium
- FOLIAGE DRAW DISTANCE – Low
- SHADOW QUALITY – Low
- CLOUD AND FOG QUALITY – Low
- TEXTURE FILTER QUALITY – High
- TEXTURE STREAMING QUALITY – Medium
- HDR GAME BRIGHTNESS – 140
- HDR GAME PEAK BRIGHTNESS – 1500
- HDR USER INTERFACE BRIGHTNESS – 150
3. Adjustments for Nvidia Control Panel
You can head over to the Nvidia Control Panel application and try performing the following adjustments to ensure your game will run slightly better without screen tearing.
- V-Sync (Vertical Sync) – OFF
- Tripple buffering – ON
- Maximum pre-rendered frames – 1
4. Update Graphics Drivers
You should try checking for the graphics driver update on your Windows PC and installing the latest version to ensure no update is pending at your end. An outdated or missing graphics driver can trigger issues with properly functioning graphics-intensive programs. To do that:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list to open the interface.
- Now, you’ll need to double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name you’re using to bring the context menu.
- Next, click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you can’t find any pending updates then just head over to the official website of the Nvidia website below and search manually for the latest update. If a new version is available for the graphics card, just download the driver and install it on your PC. You can jump to the link below to do so:
5. Switch to Dedicated GPU
Sometimes the game may run with the integrated HD graphics on the PC that comes with the processors to handle minimal graphics tasks. But if you’re using an external Nvidia graphics card then make sure to switch the Days Gone game to the dedicated GPU by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the desktop screen to open the context menu.
- Now, click on Nvidia Control Panel to open it.
- Head over to 3D Settings > Select Manage 3D Settings.
- Open the Program Settings tab > Choose Days Gone from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from another drop-down menu.
- Finally, your Nvidia GPU should show as High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
- Save the changes and reboot the PC.
6. Verify and Repair Game Files
The chances are high that somehow your game files are missing or corrupted on the PC which eventually conflicts with the game running properly. You may not receive errors or warning messages that’s why you won’t understand what’s going on. It’s better to perform repairing game files on the PC. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Days Gone from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Days Gone.
- Click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
7. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
Sometimes a couple of applications may come with an additional overlay app that basically helps the streamers or gamers a lot. However, these overlay apps can eventually conflict with the game files to run smoothly and may cause several issues like FPS drops, black screen issues, lags, glitches, etc. You should try disabling the overlay apps manually before launching the game again to cross-check if the game is running with higher FPS or not. To do so:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Select Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Days Gone.
- Finally, Turn Off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
Disable Steam Overlay:
- Open the Steam client on the PC > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Days Gone from the left pane > Select Properties.
- Now, click on General > Turn OFF the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’ option.
There are some other overlay apps that can cause trouble for you something as MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, etc. You should turn them off as well.
8. Update Days Gone
Mostly an outdated game patch version may trigger multiple potential issues with the game running as well as smoother gameplay. You should install the latest update to make the game compatible with fewer bugs whatsoever. To do that:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Days Gone from the list of installed games on the left pane.
- Now, the client will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, you’ll see the Update option.
- Just click on it and wait for a couple of minutes until the game update completes. [Depends on the storage space and internet connectivity]
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Days Gone.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- Whenever the update is available, it’ll automatically install the update.
Bonus: If you don’t want to mess with the in-game graphics settings, you can open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app, and click on Optimize to get the optimized Days Gone Settings immediately without manually adjusting graphics options.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.