Have you upgraded Huawei Mate 10 to Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0? If yes! then how did it go? Well, here we will guide on how to downgrade Huawei Mate 10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo. Downgrade process is little complicated, so we request you to read carefully before jumping straight to the conclusion of rolling back to Oreo.
Recently Huawei started the beta test of Android 9.0 Pie for a few Huawei devices with the latest EMUI 9.0 interface. If you upgraded your Huawei Mate 10 and don’t like the update or facing any issues like Lag, or your battery draining quickly, then you can downgrade Huawei Mate 10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo by following this steps. To downgrade you must download the Huawei Mate 10 Rollback file from the link given below in respect of the region code.
In case if you have not upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei Mate 10 and want to try it? then follow our guide on how to Install Huawei Mate 10 Android 9.0 Pie Update. Well, Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration of Android OS which brings new gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Mate 10
- Model: ALP-L09 / ALP-L29
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Rollback Version: 9.0 -> 8.0
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your phone’s operating system to Android 8.0 (EMUI 8.0).
Downgrade Huawei Mate 10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
Well, Here we will guide on how to rollback to Android Oreo on Huawei Mate 10. Make sure to download the Android Oreo Rollback package for Huawei Mate 10 and read the steps carefully. Now you can easily revert back to Android Oreo using this guide. The Guide is simple and easy to return to Oreo from 9.0 Pie Update.
- This will work only on Huawei Mate 10
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers and Rollback package
- Charge your Huawei Mate 10 to at least 50% before following this guide
- By rolling back, you may lose all your data. So take a complete backup of your data before degrading your firmware.
- I don’t guarantee that this will work on all Huawei Mate 10 variant. So make sure to comment below with your modeL
Download Drivers and Rollback Files:
- Download latest Huawei USB Drivers
- Rollback Package Here:
- ALP-L09C432B153 (188.8.131.52) – Europe
- ALP-L29C636B142 (184.108.40.206) – Asia
- ALP-TL00C01B350 (220.127.116.110) – China
- ALP-AL00C01B350 (18.104.22.1680) – China
- ALP-L29C185B140 (22.214.171.124) – Middle East
- More Variant will be coming soon.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was useful to downgrade Huawei Mate 10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo.
Huawei Mate 10 Specifications:
Huawei Mate 10 features a 5.9 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core 4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 10 comes with dual 12 MP + 20 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 8 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 10 runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 and backed by Li-Po 4000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.