In this rollback guide, we will show you how to downgrade Samsung S21 / S21 Plus from Android 12 to 11 i.e. from One UI 4.0 to 3.0. At the time of writing this article, Samsung started rolling the One UI 4.0 based on the Android 12 update for the Samsung Galaxy S21 / S21 Plus users around the globe, many users have already received the latest OneUI 4.0 update. This straightway translates to the fact that the device owners were able to welcome a plethora of new features.
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy S21 / S21 Plus came out of the box with Android 10 and later received the Android 11 update. According to Samsung’s recent policy change, their device will get three years of major OS support and four years of a security patch update. As promised, finally Samsung started rolling their One UI 4.0 update to their most flagship and feature-rich smartphone.
One UI 4.0, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
However, some users still prefer the older OneUI 3.0 over the newer one. For some, the high degree of customizations is way too much to deal with. Along the same lines, others have complained of a few bugs and underlying issues. Likewise, there are still some apps that aren’t compatible with the latest Android update. So if you also facing any such issues, then there’s a handy way out. You could easily downgrade your Samsung S21 / S21 Plus from One UI 4.0 to 3.0 i.e. from Android 12 to 11. Here are the required instructions in this regard.
Downgrade Samsung S21 / S21 Plus Android 12 to 11 | Rollback One UI 4.0 to 3.0
The entire instructions have been broken down into separate sections for ease of understanding. Follow along in the exact same sequence as mentioned.
STEP 1: Take a Device Backup
To begin with, take a backup of all the data on your device. This is because the below downgrade process might wipe off all the data.
STEP 2: Install Odin
Next up, install the Odin Tool on your PC. This will be used to install the downgrade firmware onto your device.
STEP 3: Download the Rollback Firmware
Likewise, download the rollback firmware for your device. This will help you to downgrade your Samsung S21 / S21 Plus from One UI 4.0 to 3.0 i.e. from Android 12 to 11. You could download the Android 10 firmware using the Frija Tool or the Samfirm tool. Just make sure to download the firmware corresponding to your region only.
STEP 4: Boot Samsung Galaxy S21 / S21 Plus to Download Mode
Along the same lines, you will have to boot your device to the Download Mode. To do so, Power off your device. Then press and hold the Volume Down + Volume Up together and connect your device to the PC via USB cable. As soon as you see the Download Mode, release all the keys. Finally, use the Volume Up key to select the OK option. That’s it. Your Samsung S21 / S21 Plus will now be booted to the Download Mode.
STEP 5: Downgrade Samsung S21 / S21 Plus One UI 4.0 to 3.0
Now that you have carried out the above four steps, you may start off with the downgrade process.
- To begin with, extract the downgrade firmware onto your PC. You should get the AP, BL, CP, CSC, and Home CSC files in the .tar.md5 format.
- Then launch the Odin Tool and connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure that it is booted to Download Mode.
- As soon as the connection is established, Odin’s ID: COM port will be highlighted. This means that the tool has successfully identified your device in the Download Mode.
- It’s now time to load the firmware files to Odin. So first of all, click on the tool’s BL button and load the BL firmware file.
- Likewise, do the same for the AP, CP, and CSC. Do keep in mind that you should load the Home CSC file and not the normal one under the CSC section.
- Once you have loaded all the firmware files, go to the Options section of Odin. Now enable the ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ options.
- When that is done, hit the Start button and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, the tool will display the PASS message and your device will reboot to the Android 10 OS.
- You may now disconnect the device from the PC and close the Odin Tool.
That’s it. These were the steps to downgrade your Samsung Galaxy S21 / S21 Plus from One UI 4.0 to 3.0 i.e. from Android 12 to 11. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned instructions, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some equally useful iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention.