Here in this guide, we will provide you the steps on how to downgrade Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo easily. If you’re using any of the Mi 8 or Mi 8 Lite device over MIUI 10 Android Pie and want to go back to the Oreo right now, this guide is for you. Though the downgrade process is a little bit of complicated, we have shared quite simple steps which will be easier for you.
This year Xiaomi has started the Android 9.0 Pie update roll-out process for some of the Xiaomi devices with the latest MIUI 10 custom skin. If you upgraded your Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite to the MIUI 10 over Pie and don’t like the update or facing any software issues, downgrade it. Such as system Lag, battery draining issue, or anything else, just follow the full steps.
In case if you have not upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite and want to try it, then follow our full depth guide on how to Install Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite Android 9.0 Pie Update. As we all know that Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th generation of Android OS and most stable version officially. It brings a new gesture navigation control, Digital Wellbeing, App Timer, App Action, etc. It also brings New QS, new volume slider, Advanced Battery & Brightness, Notch Support, Manual theme selection.
Table of Contents
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite
- Model: Dipper (Mi 8) and platina (Mi 8 Lite)
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.1 Oreo
- Rollback UI: MIUI 10
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your device operating system to Android 8.1
Download Drivers and Rollback Files
In order to downgrade, you must download the Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite Rollback firmware file from the link given below.
Downgrade Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
If you have already upgraded your Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite to MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie and facing any software-related issues, then you can downgrade from Android Pie to Oreo easily. Just follow the full steps carefully. Before following the installation steps, take a look at the pre-requirements at first.
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite device models. Don’t try the firmware file on other device models.
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers, and Rollback firmware package.
- Charge your device up to 50% at least before following this guide.
- By rolling back to the previous version, you may lose all your device data. So take a complete backup of your data (No Root).
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
Now you can easily revert back to Android Oreo using this guide. The Guide is simple and easy to return to Oreo from Android Pie update.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you and you have successfully downgraded your Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite variant to Oreo from Pie. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, let us know in the comments below.