Google’s Project Treble support has brought the Android update delivery much easier and faster than ever before. The Android 10 AOSP-based GSI offers the latest Android OS version to any Project Treble supported Android devices. Now, if you’re using the Honor 7X handset then you can easily flash the AOSP Android 10 GSI on your device. Yes, that’s true! You can follow the steps to Download and Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7X [GSI Treble].
Back in 2017, Honor has launched its entry-level affordable device named Honor 7X. Most importantly, it came with Android 7.0 Nougat on the top of EMUI 5.1 skin and has upgraded officially to Android 8.0 Oreo. That means the device won’t get the Android 10 update officially for sure. Here the Project Treble and GSI come to the light. GSI is a system image that brings untouched AOSP code for the Project Treble supported Android devices to run Pure Android.
Thanks to one of the Recognized XDA Developers phhusson to made this possible. Now, whether your phone supports the Android 10 update officially or not, the Android 10 GSI build will help you out if your device is running on Android Oreo or later. Here you will get a full-depth installation process along with download links and pre-requirements below to easily flash the Android 10 Custom GSI on your device. Now, let’s have a look at the device overview at first.
Table of Contents
Honor 7X Specifications
It has a 5.93-inches Full-HD IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. Currently, the device is running on Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by HiSilicon Kirin 659 SoC. It’s packed with Mali-T830 MP2 GPU, 3GB/4GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of internal storage options (expandable up to 256GB). It has a dual rear 16MP+2MP wide & depth camera setup with an LED flash, HDR, Panorama mode.
While the front packs an 8MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera. The device has a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0 port, etc. It packs a 3,340mAh battery and features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, gyro, and compass sensor.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7X
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
Pre-Requirements: AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7X
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7XGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Huawei Honor 7X handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.