It’s a common scenario to see LG rolling out a late system update for its device. At the same time, it’s strange that an older device which is 3 years old in the market is getting a system update. Well, LG G5 Indian variant is getting Android Oreo update. It is available with software version H86030B. Also, the upgrade packs the March 2019 security patch.
Honestly speaking, Oreo OS is now kind of outdated as currently, Android Pie is almost present on every phone out there. Even Android Q developer beta is now already available. Besides people are now more aware of performance based on the latest Android OS. So, they are opting for a device that either comes with Pie OS out-of-box or with Android Oreo 8.1 that will later get a step up to Pie. So, this update is kind of helpful to the ones who are a fan of LG and still sport the G5.
Though the system step-up to Oreo is available via OTA, you can also manually download and install the firmware to update your LG G5. We have put up the download link for the firmware bearing the Oreo update with build H86030B. Also, to help with installation of the firmware you can check out our guide.
The Oreo update also brings a good deal of tweaks and updates to the LG G5. Here is the official changelog note.
- The blue light filter in Comfort view has been improved to adjust between 10 levels.
- The Home touch buttons can now be hidden while using apps.
- New app icon shapes have been added.
- simplified Settings UI
- All app’s notifications can now be managed all in one place.
- The notification badge for app icons now displays according to the notifications you have in the notification panel.
- Improve battery life and device performance by controlling the apps that run in the background.
- Now supports Sony’s codec LDAC when using Bluetooth headsets
- You can now touch and hold an app icon to see its notifications widgets and info.
Features of Android Oreo
Let’s check out in brief what all features the LG G5 is going to enjoy after upgrading to Android Oreo. There will be new features like Picture-in-Picture, Notification dots, improved battery, Notification channels, new emojis, support for Bluetooth 5.0, fingerprint gestures. To know more about Android Oreo in details click here.
Android Oreo for LG G5 [OTA Download]
Normally, the users should receive the OTA on their devices which is kind of automatic in nature. Then the can straight away install the Oreo update. However, this may not be the case for everyone. If the OTA doesn’t show up, you can manually search for it. Simply go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates. If the latest software update is available then download and install it by connecting to a good Wi-Fi network.
Download H86030B Firmware [Android Oreo]
Here is the download link for the firmware version H86030B which packs the oreo update for LG G5 Indian variant. The firmware is the usual .kdz file.
How to install Android Oreo Update on LG G5..?
Before getting ahead with the .kdz firmware installation process, kindly get hold of the tools we have mentioned in the Pre-Requisite section below.
- This kdz firmware file is exclusively for LG G5 India. Don’t use it on other LG devices.
- Ensure that your phone must have 70% or battery charge level.
- A Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Download LG Bridge software.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Take a complete Back Up of your device data to be safe in case if something wrong during installation.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this update.
Now to install the Android 8.0 Oreo-based kdz firmware on LG G5 Indian variant that comes with version H86030B follow the link below.
So, that’s it. Though it’s a late update, it’s great that the Indian users of LG G5 will now enjoy the Android Oreo. So, either you can await the airborne software to strike your devices or follow this guide to download and install the H86030B firmware manually.