If you’re an advanced user who does customizations, flashing files, etc on an Android device and using the Samsung Galaxy A70 smartphone or planning to buy it, this guide is for you. Here in this article, we will share with you Easy Method To Root Galaxy A70 Using Magisk [No TWRP needed]. We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image file and flashing to the device boot partition. Supported model: SM-A705GM, SM-A705F, SM-A705FN, SM-A705MN, and SM-A705W (Canada).
The Samsung Galaxy A70 sports a 6.7-inch full-HD+ Super AMOLED display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution. It runs on One UI based on Android 9.0 Pie version. The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 675 SoC coupled with Adreno 612 GPU. It packs the 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage which can be expandable up to 1TB.
It offers Dolby Atmos, an in-display fingerprint sensor though recognition is quite slow. The triple rear camera setup of 32MP+8MP+5MP sensors along with an LED flash offers great image quality. But the smartphone lacks EIS and OIS support. It packs a 4,500 mAh battery with Fast Charging support.
You will require to download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it. For doing this, your device bootloader should be unlocked. By rooting your handset, you will get a superuser or administrator access on your system. Therefore, you can easily customize, change or edit system files according to your preference. Let’s take a closer look at Rooting access.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Galaxy A70, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Galaxy A70.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Galaxy A70, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Galaxy A70 via Magisk
First of all, you should unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A70. Then you can continue with the next steps.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the official OTA updates
- Supported model: SM-A705GM, SM-A705F, SM-A705FN, SM-A705MN, and SM-A705W (Canada)
Download Stock ROM and Extract the Boot Image
Here is the link for the same.
Once you have downloaded the exact firmware file based on your device model number, you can extract the boot.img file to patch it via Magisk manager app.
Steps to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager
- Download and install the latest Magisk Manager app.
- Then, connect your device to the PC via the USB cable.
- Copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Go to internal storage and select your device boot image that you moved earlier.
- Wait for Magisk to start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
- Odin flash tool accepts files in .tar format. So, you have to use 7zip and archive it to .tar format. You can even rename the file as boot.img.tar as shown in the below screenshot.
Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy A70
Now, follow the final or second method to install the patched boot image file on your Galaxy handset. But first, follow the requirements.
- This image file is only for Samsung Galaxy A70 model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Charge your device battery at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup without Root of device data.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Download Latest ODIN tool and install it on your PC.
- Copy the patched boot image file into the ADB/Fastboot folder.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
Instructions to Root
After following the pre-requirements and unlocking the bootloader, let’s take a look at the rooting steps.
- At first, reboot your device into download mode.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- Once you are connected, now open the downloaded ODIN.exe file.
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Now, load the patched boot.tar file in the AP section.
- Go to Option and see whether the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time selected or not). If not then select these two. Don’t select re-partition.
- Now, tap on the Start button to root your device.
- Once it’s done, your device will reboot.
- That’s it. You may have to wait for a while as the first boot will take some time.
You have rooted your Samsung Galaxy A70 device successfully. Hope this guide is helpful to you. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to write in the comments below.