Dolby is a popular label in terms of what they provide in audio and video enhancements. Initially, it was introduced in cinema halls, then it came to home theatres, and now we have mobile phones with this feature. For now, most high-end smartphones come with Dolby Atmos support. And Samsung is one of the brands that use it on their S series devices.
Dolby Atmos provides a surround sound effect with a cinematic 3D effect enhancing the viewing experience for the user. Now, this feature is not always turned on for Samsung Galaxy devices, and you might need to manually turn it on to make use of it. Here, in this article, we will guide you on how you can turn on Dolby Atmos on a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra device. So without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How to enable Dolby Atmos on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra?
Dolby Atmos on smartphones come with different modes like music, movie, and voice. Depending on the selected mode, the algorithm behind Dolby Atmos will perform its task to best enhance the audio as per the mode. And this Dolby Atmos feature is available for both speaker and headphone use. So no matter how you listen to audio on your Samsung Galaxy Note 20/ Note 20 Ultra, you can make use of it.
Now, let’s get into the detailed process of how one can turn on this feature on a Samsung Galaxy Note 20/ Note 20 Ultra device.
- Go to the home screen and swipe up to bring the application menu.
- Go through the list of applications, and look for Settings. Once you find it, tap on it.
- Here, you will find all the different settings for your phone. Look for “Sound and Vibration”, and once you find it, tap on it to open it up.
- Now, scroll down and top on the option “Sound quality and effects.”
- Here, you will find the option of Dolby Atmos. Turn on the switch next to Dolby Atmos to turn it on.
- Once you turn it on, more settings and options for Dolby Atmos will show up. By default, it will be set to auto mode. But you can switch to movie, voice or music if you want to try the other modes as well.
Here, you will also find an option for Dolby Atmos gaming. You can turn it on to add the effect to your gaming sessions.
So this is how you can turn on the Dolby Atmos feature on Samsung Galaxy Note 20/ Note 20 Ultra. If you have any questions or queries about this article, comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more helpful information.