Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is the new free-to-play battle royale video game released on November 16, 2022, and it is a sequel to 2020’s Call of Duty: Warzone. The game is now available for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. After the release, it becomes quite hard for the players to enjoy the gameplay experience due to multiple errors and bugs, including crashes, stutters, lags, graphical glitches, voice chat issues, and more. Meanwhile, COD Warzone 2 high ping is troubling a lot of players during the gaming sessions.
Now, if you’re one of the victims of such an issue, don’t worry. Here we’ve provided you with a few workarounds that can significantly help. According to several reports, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 players are having issues with in-game lags and ping delays which affects players to get killed in no time regarding the multiplayer first-person shooter. Luckily, you can easily fix this high-ping issue.
Fix: COD Warzone 2 High Ping Problem
Call of Duty: Warzone 2 delayed ping issue is something that developers need to check properly irrespective of all servers. It looks like the server ping system has been disabled to control ‘wall-hack’ cheaters. Plenty of reports are coming out that a ping bug or server-related issue is troubling Warzone 2 players recently that can track single players. Therefore, Infinity Ward has disabled the ping system quietly to deal with it but not official yet by the devs.
Currently, it looks like the ping system is only available for Warzone 2 players in private matches. We don’t know when the disabled ping system will come back for all. However, that’s not applicable for all region servers, and there are some troubleshooting methods mentioned below that can fix the issue for you. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check for the COD MW Ping Rate
You can first try checking out the Call of Duty Warzone 2 Ping Rate here to ensure there is no issue with the packet data loss or the ping delay that can trouble the gaming experience. If you’re having any kind of higher ping issue during the gameplay or while connecting to servers then make sure to follow the next methods.
2. Check the Network Connection
It’s also recommended to check for the network connection at your end whether there is an issue with the speed or stability or not. Sometimes issues with the internet connectivity can trouble you a lot. You should try using a different internet network to cross-check the issue. Additionally, try switching the wired connection to wireless or vice versa to check for the issue.
3. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Make sure to perform the power cycle method on the Wi-Fi router manually to check if the router has any kind of temporary glitch or not. The chances are high that the power cycling method can clear glitches immediately. To do so:
- Turn Off the router and unplug the power cable from the router as well as the power source.
- Wait for a minute and then connect the power cable again.
- Power On the router, connect to the network and check again.
4. Connect to the Nearest Region Server
You should connect to the nearest game server depending on your region which can definitely help the game to run better with lower ping delay or latency. Mostly connecting to a long-distance game server which is located far region can increase ping delay a lot.
5. Try Playing on Dedicated Servers
It’s also recommended to try playing on dedicated game servers according to the several players which can help to reduce the ping delay issue up to some extent. You can try it out to ensure that it’s working for you or not.
6. Update COD Warzone 2
It’s highly recommended to check for the game updates on your PC or PS5 by following the steps below. It’ll ensure that there is no outdated game version available on the device which can trouble you to connect to the game servers or increase the ping rate. To do that:
- Open the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher.
- Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It should automatically update the game to the available version.
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on COD: Warzone 2 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
7. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
It’s recommended to close all the unnecessary background running tasks on your system by following the steps below because the more system resources will be used the higher your system performance will drop. You may not notice it drastically when you face in-game lags, framerate drops, stutters, etc. But this method should be useful for you in many ways.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on Processes and check which task is consuming higher resources.
- Click on the particular process and select End Task to close it forcefully.
- Make sure to do the same steps for each third-party app process that consumes higher resources.
- Once done, close Task Manager and restart your PC.
8. Try Using VPN
If none of the methods worked for you, then make sure to use VPN to cross-check if the problem is due to a conflict with the game server or the internet connection. Sometimes issues with the specific IP address assigned to you by the service provider may have issues. However, using VPN can increase the latency or ping delay, making the gameplay laggy and stuttering.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.
how tf can i connect to another server, there is no such option in game, should i do it in steam or what?