If you’re running the early access to Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker expansion then the chances are high that you’ll encounter a couple of bugs or issues either while launching the game or getting into the server. Meanwhile, an overloaded number of players are trying to get into the game which can also cause server connectivity issues in most cases. If you’re also one of the victims, you can check out the steps to fix FFXIV Connection with the server was lost error.
We should also mention that the ‘Connection with the server was lost.’ error message appears even when players are trying to save their game progress data. So, the error eventually ruins the game progress data from being saved, and affected players are forced to close the game, and retry again. This problem is irritating a lot to the players and they’re worried about it to fix quickly. Well, we have a couple of solutions for you that can help you out.
Fix: FFXIV Connection with the server was lost error
Several FFXIV players are experiencing the lobby connection error which seems to appear every time the connection is lost while playing the game. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Check Server Status
It’s highly recommended to check out the server status by visiting this link before trying other workarounds as the server connectivity error may appear due to the server downtime or outage whatsoever. Now, if you find out that there is any kind of server downtime or outage or maintenance process is going on then make sure to wait for a couple of hours or more to get it fixed by the developers. Sometimes it may take extra time than expected.
2. Check Internet Connection
You should also check out the internet connection at your end because a poor internet connection can trigger multiple connectivity issues with the game server online. If in case, you’re using Wi-Fi then try switching it to wired (ethernet) or vice versa to check for the issue. Whereas if you’re having issues with the networking stability then make sure to close other downloads temporarily and check for the server error again.
3. Power Cycle Wi-Fi Router
If the above method didn’t work for you then try performing a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the networking glitch or connectivity issues whatsoever. To do so: Just power off the router and unplug the power cable from the router then wait for around a minute or so. Finally, plug back the power cable in, and turn on the router to check for the networking issue again.
4. Restart the Game
Sometimes a normal reboot of the game can fix multiple issues whatsoever. If you’re one of the victims to encounter the Final Fantasy XIV Connection with the server was lost error then make sure to simply exit the game first. Then press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager > Click on the Processes tab > Click on FFXIV.exe process to select it > Next, click on End Task to force close the game. Finally, restart the system and try launching the game again.
5. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
Disabling the antivirus and firewall program on your Windows computer may help you to fix multiple bugs or errors whatsoever. In most scenarios, running the game or connecting to the game server may block the ongoing connections if the antivirus software or the security program is running aggressively. To do so:
- Click on the Start menu > Search for virus & threat protection.
- Click on it from the search result and turn off the real-time protection manually.
- Next, search for defender firewall from the Start menu > Open it and turn off manually.
6. Use Google DNS Servers
You can also try using the Google DNS server address on your PC as a public DNS to fix multiple connectivity issues whatsoever. To do this:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and click on OK to open the Network Connections page.
- Now, right-click on your active network adapter > Click on Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Click on Properties.
- Click to select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now, enter 22.214.171.124 for the Preferred DNS server and 126.96.36.199 for the Alternate DNS server.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
- Make sure to restart your computer to apply changes then check for the game server connectivity error.
7. Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Final Fantasy XIV game by following the steps below to check if the problem has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Open the Steam client > Head over to Library.
- Right-click on Final Fantasy XIV from the left pane > Go to Manage.
- Click on Uninstall and Select Uninstall again from the confirmation dialog box.
- Now, wait for the uninstallation process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to change effects immediately.
- Finally, launch the Steam client, and go to Store > Search for FFXIV and Install it again.
- Wait for the game to download and install > You’re good to go.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, feel free to ask below.