FIFA 23 is the last installment under the FIFA banner because EA and FIFA have separated their ways which will lead EA to come up with a fully new lineup of football titles under EA Sports FC from 2023. Though it was a great collaboration and journey for both the brands and players across the globe, it seems that EA is still making plenty of issues or bugs whatsoever. Meanwhile, FIFA 23 Player Stuck in the Transfer Targets issue becomes quite trending these days.
As per multiple reports on the EA Answers forum, it looks like that since last month FIFA 23 players are stuck in transfer targets with an individual in-game player. Though players bid on any specific one and won the auction, as soon as they sent the individual player to the club, they got this error. This particular issue did happen to FIFA 23 Web App users mostly and one such noticeable bug or glitch found is that the transfer targets limit was reduced from 100 to 30 which has been noticed by EA and they’re working on it.
Fix: FIFA 23 Player Stuck in Transfer Targets
However, if you don’t want to sit back and wait for the patch fix to arrive then you can try performing some of the workarounds which are mentioned below. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Install the Latest FIFA 23 Update
First of all, it’s recommended to update the game version to the latest because an outdated patch can trigger multiple issues with the game running in some cases. To do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on FIFA 23 from the list of installed games on the left pane.
- Now, the client will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update option.
- Wait for a couple of minutes or so until the game update completes.
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to FIFA 23.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- It should automatically install the available update of the game.
- Launch the Origin client on your computer.
- Go to Library > Right-click on FIFA 23.
- Select Check for Update > If available, proceed with the same.
- It may take some time to complete the update.
- Once done, you can reboot the PC to apply changes.
2. Sign Out of EA Account and Sign Back In
It’s also recommended to sign out of your EA account and then sign back into it. Some reports claim that players have found this trick useful to avoid the stuck-in transfer targets issue in most cases. So, make sure to do it once.
3. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the PC may trigger some issues with the game running smoothly. Make sure to verify the game files and repair them via the Steam or Battle.net client by following the steps below:
- Open the Steam client on the PC and log into the account > Head over to Library.
- Right-click on the FIFA 23 game from the left pane.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Local Files tab.
- Then click on Verify Integrity of game files.
- Now, wait for the process to complete, and close the Steam client.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes.
For Origin Client:
- Open the Origin client on your PC.
- Navigate to the My Game Library > Select FIFA 23.
- Now, click on Settings (Gear icon) and select Repair.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to FIFA 23.
- Now, click on Verify, and then wait for it to complete.
- Reboot the PC and check for the issue again.
4. Check the Network Connection
You should also check for the network connection at your end to ensure there is no issue with the internet connectivity. Sometimes a poor and unstable network can cause several issues with the game server connectivity as well as other tasks in gaming. You should also try switching the wireless network to wired or vice versa to cross-check the issue. Make sure to power cycle the Wi-Fi router to refresh any kind of networking glitch whatsoever.
5. Contact EA Support
If none of the methods worked for you, make sure to contact EA Support for additional assistance. Sometimes getting a call or chat support might be helpful to either take a close look at the issue or submit the ticket for the same.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
Contacted EA Support. Guy there said it will be solved. Nothing happened. Very very bad.