Is the airplane mode getting activated forcibly and disrupting the network on your PC.? In this guide, I will explain to you various troubleshooting techniques to fix this airplane mode error. When the flight mode activates on any device all kinds of communication are cut off. You may manually activate it for some reason. Then you can manually deactivate as well. Often due to various technical snags and wrong setup, the Airplane mode enables on its own.
You can try out simple solutions like restarting your PC. Most of the time there may be issues in the system software which can cause a lot of strange bugs. So, restarting the computer mostly fixes these. Secondly, you can try to manually turn off the flight mode. Try to press the F7 key (in most laptops) to toggle the flight mode off. If these simple hacks do not work, then we get into other troubleshooting methods. let’s check them out as well.
How to Fix Airplane Mode Error in Windows 10
You can try to fix the various aspects of your PC network or even reset it. A WAN Miniport on your PC network may require an update for its driver. Fixing the radio management and startup type for your computer can also help fix the airplane mode error on Windows 10.
Set the Startup Type of Your PC to Normal
- Press Windows + R to involve the run box
- Type msconfig and press enter
- Navigate to the General tab
- Under StartUp Selection, click on Normal Startup
- Click Apply and OK
Update Network Adapter Driver to Fix Airplane Mode Error on Windows 10
- In the search box, type Device Manager
- Click Open
- Go to Network Adapters and expand it
- Right-click on WAN Miniport
- From the menu select Update Driver
Enable Radio Management Services on Windows 10
- Summon the run box by pressing Windows + R key
- Type services.msc and hit enter
- The list of active services on Windows 10 will show up
- Navigate to Radio Management Service
- Right-click on it and select Properties
- Go to General tab > Startup type drop-down
- From the drop-down set Startup Type to Automatic
- To confirm the changes click on OK
Tweak the Power Management
You have to undo a setting that allows the computer to turn off to save power. This can help to fix the airplane mode error on your Windows computer.
- Open Device Manager using the search box
- Navigate to Network Adapters
- Right-click on the first option [the network adapter may differ from computer to computer]
- Select Properties
- Go to the Power Management tab
- Uncheck the checkbox that says Allow the Computer to Turn off this Device
- Click OK and make sure to restart your computer
Reset your PC Network to fix Airplane Mode Error
This is the last solution you can opt for if everything else mentioned above did not work for you. You have to remember that when you reset the network all the details regarding WiFi and internet will be lost. You have to set them up from the scratch. even the network adapters will be reset.
- Press Windows + I to access Windows systems settings
- Click on Network & Internet
- On the next screen click on Network Reset
- confirm your action on the next screen and click on Reset Now
Wait until the reset process finishes and the PC restarts. Then check if the airplane mode error is now fixed or not.
So, these are some of the working solutions that can fix the airplane mode error on your Windows 10 computer. I hope that the guide was informative to you. Do let me know in the comments which solution worked for you.