Among Us is the multiplayer online party game from InnerSloth that has become quite popular in recent times. It’s currently available for Android, iOS, and Microsoft Windows platforms. Meanwhile, it also becomes quite popular these days on Twitch which increases the maximum number of hits to the game server as well. Now, some of the Among Us players are getting occasional Disconnected From Server Error. So, if in case, you’re also one of them, check out the troubleshooting guide below.
Plenty of unlucky players have started reporting about the Among Us online multiplayer game that they’re receiving an error message after joining the game. It says “You disconnected from the server. If this happens often, check your network strength. This may also be a server issue.” That means this error prevents you to enter into the Among Us game session. Luckily, there are a couple of fixes below that you should check.
Fix Among Us Disconnected From Server Error
So, one of the most common issues regarding the disconnected from the server error can happen due to the server downtime or maintenance process. Recently, InnerSloth has officially acknowledged the server issue specifically in the North America side due to the increased number of active players.
If you're having troubles connecting to #AmongUs and you're on steam, download the update and try changing your region away from North America. The NA server is the one taking the heaviest load. The update is still pending for mobile. pic.twitter.com/tDJHDvbHI6
— InnerSloth (@InnerslothDevs) September 2, 2020
- First of all, you need to visit the InnerSloth Twitter account and check whether there is any server issue happening or not.
- Make sure that your connected internet network strength is good and stable enough.
- Check if any pending game update is causing the issue or not. If you’re playing the Among Us game via Steam then head over to the Library > Right-click on the Among Us > Go to Properties > Head over to the Updates tab and check for the update availability.
- You can also try closing and restarting the Steam client as well as your computer.
- Finally, you can head over to the in-game Main Menu > Click on Online > Click on the smaller planet icon from the bottom right corner > Then change the Region from your current one > Close the game and restart it. (Even if you’re not from North America and still facing the server disconnected issue then changing the region to a different one should fix the error)
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.