If the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege are not working as expected, then this guide will help you fix this issue. This tactical shooter video game beholds an immersive gameplay experience coupled with some intriguing challenges. Furthermore, it has already managed to receive quite a few positive receptions from gamers across the globe. Then to make full use of its multiplayer capability, you could try out the ever-popular instant messaging and communicating channel Discord.
However, it seems the integration is causing a few issues to the userbase. There are numerous complaints across Reddit and Steam Community concerning the same. While some users aren’t able to access the Discord overlay on the Rainbow Six game, others are having a tough time using Discord’s voice chat feature with this game. As a result, they aren’t able to hear the other player’s voice. With that said, this guide will list out various methods to fix the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege are not working issues.
Table of Contents
- 1 Fix: Discord and Rainbow Six Siege Not Working Issue
Fix: Discord and Rainbow Six Siege Not Working Issue
So what are the reasons for both these issues? Well, as far as the overlay issues are concerned, it could be related to the app’s Enable in-game overlay or even the Game Activity settings. Along the same lines, if the app isn’t getting the required permissions, then it might show in this error as well. Likewise, the Hardware Acceleration might also lead to this error.
Then if we talk about the issues related to Voice Chat, problems with the VSync setting, Discord app’s low system priority, or a higher refresh rate could be the culprit. With that said, this guide will show you how to fix all these underlying issues which in turn will fix the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue as well.
Fix 1: Run Discord as Administrator
If the app is running in a restrictive environment, then it might not get the required administrative permission sets to function properly. Therefore, it is recommended that you run DIscord with elevated privileges, which could be done as follows:
- Right-click on the Discord’s EXE file and select Properties.
- Then go to the Compatibility section and select Run this program as an administrator.
- Hit Apply followed by OK. Now check if it fixes the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue.
Fix 2: Check the Overlay status
Something along the obvious lines, you should make sure that Discord’s overlay feature is indeed enabled. If that is not the case, then issues related to the overlay are bound to happen. So follow the below steps and enable the toggle if it is disabled:
- Launch the Discord app and head to User Settings.
- Scroll to the overlay option from the left menu bar.
- Finally, toggle on the Enable in-game overlay option.
- See whether the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 3: Add Rainbow Six Siege to Discord’s Game Activity
If you haven’t added Rainbow Siege to Discord’s Game Activity section, then the latter might not be able to chalk out its further course of action.
- So launch Discord on your PC and go to User Settings.
- Then select the Game Activity option from the left menu bar.
- Enable the ‘Display currently running game as a status message’ toggle.
- You should now see the Add it button, click on it.
- Select Rainbow Six Siege from the menu and click Add Game.
Once that’s done, the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue might have been fixed. If not, then here are a few other workarounds that you could try out.
Fix 4: Enable Hardware Acceleration
Discord’s Hardware Acceleration feature uses the GPU to make the app function more smoothly. Enabling this feature usually fixes most of the underlying performance issues. And it could give out favorable results in this case as well.
- Hence launch the Discord app on your PC and go to User Settings.
- Scroll the Appearance section (under Apps and Settings).
- Enable the Developer Mode option.
- This should bring up another menu, enable Hardware Acceleration from it.
- See if it fixes the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue.
Fix 5: Change Rainbow Six Siege VSync
Disabling the VSync functionality altogether might result in FPS drops and unstoppable micro stutters. Along the same lines, if you set a high VSync ratio, then it might result in a few display issues. So the equilibrium point is when VSync is set to 1, which then syncs the renders with the monitor’s refresh rate. Here’s how this setting could be changed:
- Launch Rainbow Six Siege on your PC and click on the Settings icon situated at the top right
- Select Options from the drop-down menu. Go to the Display section and scroll to the VSYnc option.
- Set it to 1 and hit Apply. Now close the game and relaunch it, the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue would have been fixed with this.
Fix 6: Set Discord to High Priority
Based on the priority of an app or software, Windows distributes the resource accordingly. While it does lead to an efficient distribution of system resources, yet sometimes an app which is lower down the pecking order might need a surplus system resource to function properly. The same might be the case with Discord as well. In this regard, you could manually change the app’s priority to High, as follows:
- Launch the Windows Task Manager using the Ctrl+Shift+Esc shortcut key combinations.
- Then go to the Details section and scroll to the Discord services.
- If you see more than one Discord service, then right-click on the one that is consuming the maximum resource.
- Select ‘Set priority’ from the menu and set it to High.
- Once done, restart your PC and see if it fixes the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue.
Fix 7: Limit the FPS
Running the game at a higher FPS than what your PC is capable of might lead to an adverse effect on the overall gameplay. So it is recommended to cap the FPS, which could be done from the game’s configuration file as follows:
- Open the File Explorer and go to the game’s installation directory.
- There you should see a folder with an alphanumeric string of characters.
- Right-click on it and select Open With > Notepad.
- Now scroll to the [Display] section and set the FPSLimit value to 75.
- Save it and then close the file. Now right-click on it and select Properties.
- Enable Read-only under Attributes and click Apply > OK. That’s it. The issue now stands rectified.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to fix the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue. We have shared seven different fixes for the same, do let us know in the comment which one spelled out success in your case. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.