If you’re experiencing issues with Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not functioning properly, this guide will help you address and resolve the problem. Rainbow Six Siege is a popular tactical shooter game that offers engaging gameplay and challenging scenarios. It has garnered positive feedback from players worldwide, and many gamers enjoy using the widely-known communication platform, Discord, to enhance their multiplayer experience.
However, some users have reported difficulties integrating Discord with Rainbow Six Siege. Complaints have been posted on platforms such as Reddit and the Steam Community, with players experiencing problems accessing Discord’s overlay feature in the game or using Discord’s voice chat. As a result, they can’t hear other players’ voices during gameplay. This guide will provide various solutions to fix the issues with Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working together.
Fix: Discord and Rainbow Six Siege Not Working Issue
What could be causing these issues with Discord and Rainbow Six Siege? For the overlay problems, possible reasons include the app’s Enabled in-game overlay setting, Game Activity settings, insufficient permissions, or even Hardware Acceleration.
As for Voice Chat issues, the causes could be related to VSync settings, the Discord app’s low system priority, or an excessively high refresh rate. This guide will help you address and resolve these underlying problems, ultimately fixing the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege compatibility issues.
Fix 1: Run Discord as Administrator
If the app runs in a restrictive environment, it might not get the required administrative permission sets to function properly. Therefore, it is recommended that you run DIscord with elevated privileges, which could be done as follows:
- Right-click on the Discord’s EXE file and select Properties.
- Then go to the Compatibility section and select Run this program as an administrator.
- Hit Apply followed by OK. Now check if it fixes the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue.
Fix 2: Check the Overlay status
Something along the obvious lines, you should ensure that Discord’s overlay feature is enabled. If that is not the case, then issues related to the overlay are bound to happen. So follow the below steps and enable the toggle if it is disabled:
- Launch the Discord app and head to User Settings.
- Scroll to the overlay option from the left menu bar.
- Finally, toggle on the Enable in-game overlay option.
- See whether the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 3: Add Rainbow Six Siege to Discord’s Game Activity
If you haven’t added Rainbow Siege to Discord’s Game Activity section, then the latter might not be able to chalk out its further course of action.
- So launch Discord on your PC and go to User Settings.
- Then select the Game Activity option from the left menu bar.
- Enable the ‘Display currently running game as a status message’ toggle.
- You should now see the Add it button, click on it.
- Select Rainbow Six Siege from the menu and click Add Game.
Once that’s done, the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue might have been fixed. If not, here are a few other workarounds you could try.
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Stuck on loading screen
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Stuttering and Lagging constantly
How to Fix Rainbow Six Siege High Ping and Packet Loss
Does Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Support Steam Deck
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Cross Progression Not Working
Rainbow Six Siege Blue Screen of Death, How to Fix?
Rainbow Six Siege Player Count Stats in 2023
Rainbow Six Siege Best Attackers 2023
Fix: Discord Custom Emojis Not Working or Disappearing
Fix 4: Enable Hardware Acceleration
Discord’s Hardware Acceleration feature uses the GPU to make the app function more smoothly. Enabling this feature usually fixes most of the underlying performance issues. And it could give out favorable results in this case as well.
- Hence launch the Discord app on your PC and go to User Settings.
- Scroll the Appearance section (under Apps and Settings).
- Enable the Developer Mode option.
- This should bring up another menu, enable Hardware Acceleration from it.
- See if it fixes the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue.
Fix 5: Change Rainbow Six Siege VSync
Disabling the VSync functionality altogether might result in FPS drops and unstoppable micro stutters. Along the same lines, if you set a high VSync ratio, then it might result in a few display issues. So the equilibrium point is when VSync is set to 1, which then syncs the renders with the monitor’s refresh rate. Here’s how this setting could be changed:
- Launch Rainbow Six Siege on your PC and click on the Settings icon situated at the top right
- Select Options from the drop-down menu. Go to the Display section and scroll to the VSYnc option.
- Set it to 1 and hit Apply. Now close the game and relaunch it, the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue would have been fixed with this.
Fix 6: Set Discord to High Priority
Based on the priority of an app or software, Windows distributes the resource accordingly. While it does lead to an efficient distribution of system resources, yet sometimes an app which is lower down the pecking order might need a surplus system resource to function properly. The same might be the case with Discord as well. In this regard, you could manually change the app’s priority to High, as follows:
- Launch the Windows Task Manager using the Ctrl+Shift+Esc shortcut key combinations.
- Then go to the Details section and scroll to the Discord services.
- If you see more than one Discord service, right-click on the one consuming the maximum resource.
- Select ‘Set priority’ from the menu and set it to High.
- Once done, restart your PC and see if it fixes the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue.
Fix 7: Limit the FPS
Running the game at a higher FPS than what your PC is capable of might adversely affect the overall gameplay. So it is recommended to cap the FPS, which could be done from the game’s configuration file as follows:
- Open the File Explorer and go to the game’s installation directory.
- There you should see a folder with an alphanumeric string of characters.
- Right-click on it and select Open With > Notepad.
- Now scroll to the [Display] section and set the FPSLimit value to 75.
- Save it and then close the file. Now right-click on it and select Properties.
- Enable Read-only under Attributes and click Apply > OK. That’s it. The issue now stands rectified.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to fix the Discord and Rainbow Six Siege not working issue. We have shared seven different fixes for the same, do let us know in the comment which one spelled out success in your case. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.
Fix: Discord Stuck On Loading Screen
How to Fix a Discord API Error?
How To Fix Discord Stuck in Fullscreen
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Keep Crashing on Startup on PC 2022
Fix: Discord Not Working with CSGO
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Won’t Launch or Not Loading on PC
Best Discord Plugins For BetterDiscord 2022
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Black Screen After Startup
Best Discord Name Idea (2022) |Good, Funny, Weird Nicknames for Discord
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Voice Chat Not Working on PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Consoles
How To Connect Discord To A Twitch Stream