Genshin Impact is one of the newly launched vast magical worlds for adventure-based free-to-play action RPG that has been developed and published by miHoYo. The game is available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. But some of the unfortunate Genshin Impact players are reporting that they’re getting Failed to check for updates error notifications every time they want to check for update the game.
Now, if you’re one of them and encountering the same trouble for a while, then don’t worry. Here we’ve shared a couple of ways to fix this particular issue whether you’re facing this error message on your PC or PS4 or iOS or Android. As we all know that most of the online multiplayer games do come with plenty of bugs or errors which need to be fixed only via the official patch update.
So, needless to say, that Genshin Impact will receive multiple patch fixes over the time but if you’re unable to even check for the update, this guide is for you.
Fix Genshin Impact Failed to check for updates Error
Luckily, this error message isn’t a complicated one and can be fixed very easily by performing some of the possible workarounds below. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
- First of all, make sure to fully close the Genshin Impact game.
- Then try to relaunch the game again and check for the error message.
- You should also restart the PC or console or your device completely to cross-check the issue.
- If none of the common methods worked for you, then you should check whether your internet connection is stable and fast enough or not.
- Additionally, also make sure to check for the update and play the Genshin Impact game during the off-peak time. Due to the increased number of active players at the same time or due to the server overload, this problem may appear randomly.
- Meanwhile, if in case, the checking for updates error has been fixed for you but the download update speed is very slow, then you should have to continue with the same or you can try to update the game later. Due to the server overloading issue, slow download speed comes into the light for most of the Genshin Impact players even after having a faster internet connection.
- However, if none of the steps worked for you and some of your friends are able to play the game at the same time that means there is some issue with the game files. So, simply uninstall the Genshin Impact game from your device > Restart the device and then reinstall the game again to solve the update related issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.