Xiaomi Mi 5 launched in the year 2016 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and later upgraded to Android 8.0. If you are here, then you probably want to fix the IMEI issue on your Xiaomi Mi 5. So here in this guide, we have shared the guide on how to repair and fix the IMEI number on Xiaomi Mi 5.
These days smartphones become one of the most useful daily life things that people can’t live or work without it. Similarly, the smartphone industry and technology are growing aggressively which may not be thinkable for most people. One of the Chinese OEMs Xiaomi has proved themself one of the promising smartphone brands globally. Meanwhile, if we’re talking about mobile phones, then the IMEI number plays a major role as well. Now, if you’re using the Mi 5 handset and facing issues with IMEI, you can check out the full guide on How to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Mi 5.
It’s worth mentioning that without the valid IMEI number, you can’t use your mobile device with the carrier. The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a set of a unique serial number that comes out-of-the-box for all the mobile phones or smartphones. It usually contains 15 digits serial number that identifies the device using cellular networks. You can also check the IMEI on your device by entering *#06# into the dial pad.
But some times the users may find the IMEI number invalid or null on their devices due to some unfortunate reasons. Either the device is bricked or corrupted due to flashing any third-party firmware or any other mod file. Mostly, the Android customization lovers end up with these types of issues by flashing any improper file or wrong method. Therefore, it’s necessary to repair or fix IMEI at first.
Table of Contents
Mi 5: Device Overview
Xiaomi Mi 5 (codenamed: gemini) was launched in April 2016. Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 5.15 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 530 GPU. The handset packs 32/64/128GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi 5 sports a rear camera with a 16MP camera and Single Selfie camera with a 4MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo under MIUI 10 software package and backed by 3000 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the front.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Mi 5
Some times due to software issues or after flashing any custom firmware, your device may get corrupted or bricked. Similarly, the device IMEI number can also become invalid or removed which is quite unfortunate. Here we will share the QCN Rebuilder tool guide to restore IMEI number on the Xiaomi Mi 5 device. QCN Rebuilder is a free tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi devices.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- This guide and QCN file are for the Xiaomi Mi 5 model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Mi 5 QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Mi 5. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.