Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is an action role-playing strategy-based video game that has been developed by TaleWorlds Entertainment and released in March 2020 initially. It’s available for PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch platforms. Though the game offers great graphics, gameplay, etc, some of the PC players are facing issues or errors like can’t save game files, MSVCP140.dll missing, access is denied, and more. While the Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Crash on Startup or Unable to Start Game issue is one of them and if you want to fix this problem, you can check this guide.
Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord: Fix Lag Shuttering, Crashing on Launch or FPS drop issue
Fix: Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Stuck on loading screen
Fix: Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Black Screen After Startup
Fix: Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Low FPS Drops on PC | Increase Performance
Fix: Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue on PC
Fix: Bannerlord 2 Crashing or Not Loading on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S
Fix: Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Won’t Launch or Not Loading on PC
So many PC players are reporting that the game isn’t launching or crashes at the startup which seems very irritating and users are getting sick of it. Most importantly, the crashing issue isn’t showing any particular error message or code which is also very ridiculous for the affected players as they can’t understand what is causing this problem. So, if you’re also one of them, follow the possible troubleshooting steps in order to solve this issue.
Fix Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Crash on Startup or Unable to Start Game
Here we’ve shared a couple of methods that you can follow and try by yourself.
1. Delete CNs Folder
- Open up your File Explorer (This PC) on your computer.
- Head over to the drive on which you’ve installed the Mount and Blade II Bannerlord game.
- By default, we assume you’ve installed your game on C:\ drive.
- So, go to C:\Program Files\Steamapps\Common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Sandbox\ModuleData\Languages.
- Here you will find a ‘CNs’ folder. Just Delete this folder.
- Now, open up your Steam client > Go to Library > Right-click on the game > Properties > Select Launch Options under the General tab.
- Now, type -windowed and click on OK to save changes. (It will force run the game in windowed mode)
- Once done, restart your Steam launcher and run the Mount & Blade II Bannerlord game again.
This method mostly fixes the startup crashing or won’t launch issues for PC users.
2. Force Close Overlay Apps
Overlay apps are pretty useful for the pro gamers or multiplayer as overlay options offer plenty of features that you may not find anywhere else. In the list of overlay apps, there are plenty of programs available that PC gamers mostly use like Steam Overlay, Discord Overlay, Microsoft Game Bar, Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay, and more. So, you will need to force close all the unnecessary background running overlay apps from the Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, under the Processes tab, scroll the list and look for all the overlay services that are running in the background.
- Select one by one and click on the End Task button.
3. Close Antivirus Software
In recent days, the reports are coming out that plenty of PC users are getting affected with both the Windows Defender and other third-party antivirus programs while installing or running games. So, it’s better to turn off antivirus software temporarily while playing the game.
4. Update Graphics Driver
- Click on Start > Type Device Manager and click on it from the search result.
- Now, click on Display adapters arrow icon to expand the list.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- It will start searching for the latest version and if any version is available, the system will automatically install it as well.
- Finally, reboot your PC and try running the game again.
5. Update Windows Version
- Click on the Start menu > Click on Settings (cog icon).
- Select Update & Security > Click on Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is any software update available, just click on Download and wait for the process to complete.
- Once installed, your system will ask you to restart the PC in order to apply the changes.
- Simply, reboot the system and you should be able to launch the game now.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For any queries, you can comment below.