In this tutorial, we will check out various methods to fix the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0. Getting greeted with an error message is something that irritates one and all. And if you receive the same while in the middle of a game, it becomes even more troublesome. This is what is happening with a lot of PlayStation 4 users recently.
Many users have stated that they are seeing the Error Code CE-34878-0 on their Play Station 4. The reason for the same could be aplenty. Most of the time, if you receive this error then your game will crash at that instance itself. So this needs to be fixed on an urgent basis. On that note, here are some of the methods through which you could fix the above-mentioned error.
How To Fix Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0
We will be listing different kinds of tips to help you rectify the said issue. The basic fix involves restarting the game once. If that does the job for you, well and good, otherwise follow the below methods to fix the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0. On the other hand, if your PS4 is slow, then check out the steps to fix PlayStation Lagging or Slowing problems.
Fix 1: Update PlayStation 4 System Software
It might happen that you are using an older version of PlayStation 4 software. Or if you haven’t updated the game in quite a while, then it might give out an error or two. A new update of any game not only adds new features but also fixes bugs and brings about stability improvement. So it is highly recommended to do so. Follow the below instructions to do it:
- Exit the game and go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Now select the game you were playing and press the Options button.
- Next up, select Check for Update. Wait for some time till PlayStation finds an update and applies it.
- Once that is done, click on the Settings option at the top of the PlayStation screen.
- Select the System Software option and wait for the process to complete.
- When that’s done, restart your PlayStation once. This should fix the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0. If not, then follow the next method given below.
Fix 2: Turn off Face Recognition
If updating the game as well as the PS 4 didn’t manage to correct your error, then you probably have to disable the face recognition feature. To do so, follow the below instructions:
- Head over to the Play Station home-screen and select Settings.
- Then from the Setting menu, select User.
- Next up, select Login Settings and look out for the Enable Face Recognition option.
- Disable the toggle next to it. Fixed the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0? If not, then try the next fix which we have mentioned below.
Fix 3: Reinstall Original HDD
Have you recently upgraded your Hard Disk Drive in PlayStation 4? If yes, then that might also be the cause of the above-mentioned error code. Therefore, it is recommended to reinstall the original HDD. After doing the same, you should be able to deal with the Playstation 4 Error CE-34878-0 and henceforth fix it. if not, try the next method mentioned below.
Fix 4: Initialize PS4
If none of the above methods managed to fix the PlayStation error, then its time to initialize your PS4. But before you do so, make sure to make a backup of all the data. once done, follow the below steps:
- Head over to the Play Station 4 home screen and select Settings.
- Next up, click on Initialization.
- Finally, select the Initialize PS4 option. Wait for the process to get completed.
So with that, we conclude this guide on how to fix the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0. Do let us know which of the above methods managed to fix your issue. However, if the error still persists and as soon as you launch any application you get greeted with this error, then please contact the PlayStation Support to help you out. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.