In this post, we will deal with the issue related to error CE-33986-9 on PS4 or PlayStation. This issue occurs while trying the sign-in process on their console or connection times out. Well, there have been several user reports on this issue and users are pretty frustrated with this issue on their PS4. To begin with, the possible reason behind this error CE-33986-9 could be the PSN server error, inconsistent TCP or IP, conflicting firmware, incompatible WiFi channel, bad DNS, or ISP restrictions.
In some sources, this error CE-33986-9 is also called an endless proxy loop. So, it is an issue related to network and if you are also experiencing the same issue, then we will give you some of the potential workarounds that will help you fix this issue. So, with that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to Fix PlayStation (PS4) Error CE-33986-9
Let us take a look at all the workarounds that you can make use of to fix the error CE-33986-9 issue on the PlayStation or PS4 console:
Check the PSN status
Before you begin with more complicated processes of fixing this issue, it is always advised to check the server-side status for the occurrence of this issue. On several occasions, it is the fault of the server-side. And if it is, then there is nothing much you can do.
If you are also experiencing the CE-33986-9 error on ps4, then you can head over here to check the PSN Status. This will help you understand if there is an issue with the Account Management function or Playstation store servers or not.
Reboot your router
As this error is associated with network error, it is always better to check if your router is the main culprit or not. If the server is good on the PSN status page then it may be due to an issue with your side. Moreover, if multiple devices are connected to the same router there is very limited bandwidth available for the PS4 to access which might result in this error. Simply press the power button on your router and turn it off. Wait for about 10 seconds before turning the router back ON.
Power Cycling your PS4
- Power off your PS4 console.
- Press and hold on the Power button (on your console) until the fans of your console completely shut down.
- Two consecutive beeps will be heard during the course of the process.
- After the second beep, you have to release the power button.
- Remove the power cable of your console from the socket.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Now, plug the power cable back to the power source. Note that this is necessary to confirm that the power capacitors are completely drained.
- Reboot your console and check for the error by launching the game.
Configure WiFi or LAN Settings
Here is one of the potential workarounds that have reportedly solved and fixed the issue for several users.
- Head over the PS4 Menu.
- Go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Select either Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
- Tap on WiFi or LAN based on your connection.
- If you have WiFi network:
– Then go to Custom>> Select Network >> Enter Password >> IP Address Settings (select automatic) >> DHCP Host Name (don’t use) >> DNS Settings (set to Manual).
- If you have a LAN connection:
– Head over to Custom >> IP Address Settings (select Automatic) >> DHCP Host Name (don’t use) >> DNS Settings (set to Manual)
- Now, based on your connection preference, from here enter the Primary DNS as 18.104.22.168 and Secondary DNS as 22.214.171.124.
- Then hit the Next button.
- Set MTU Settings as automatic.
- Finally, test the internet connection.
- If the above Primary/Secondary DNS does not work then, use the below ones:
– Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
– Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
So, that’s it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to resolve the error CE-33986-9 issue on the PlayStation console. Let us know in the comments below which of the methods worked for you. For more such awesome coverage, you can head over to our check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android, iOS, and Gaming. Until the next post…Cheers!