In this tutorial, we will show you how to flash the firmware via the QPST Flash Tool. Qualcomm powered devices are always among the most active players in custom development. They more often than not outdo its competitor (aka the likes of MediaTek, Exynos among others). Right from the unlocking of the bootloader to flashing custom binaries, it manages to occupy the top spot. This straightway translates to your ability to flash tons of custom ROMs, install a custom recovery like TWRP, or even gain administrative rights to your device via root.
Once you do so, you will be in a position to flash a plethora of other mods. However, all these processes might bring in a few risks as well. If not performed correctly, then your device could end in a bootloop or even a soft-brick. However, if it happens to your Qualcomm devices, then there is a handy way out. Using the QPST Flash Tool, you could easily flash the stock firmware onto your device and bring it back to normal working condition. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along for the detailed instructions.
How to Flash Firmware using QPST Flash Tool
Apart from unbricking your device, you could also use the Qualcomm Product Support Tool to manually update your device to the latest version. This will usually come in handy if the OTA update is yet to arrive on your device. Along the same lines, this tool also has some pretty other useful functionalities as well. These include the ability to create and restore device backup, or monitor device status via QPST Configuration.
Likewise, you could also save the Programming Data through it. Then the fact that it allows you to directly load the stock firmware of your device proves to be the icing on the cake. All in all, it is a one-stop tool to meet all your device’s flashing needs. With that said, let’s now begin with the guide to flash the firmware via the QPST Flash Tool. Follow along.
- First and foremost, this guide is only for devices with Qualcomm processor as the underlying chipset. If your device has another processor, then you should not try the below instructions.
- Next up, this process will wipe off all the data on your device. So it is recommended to take a complete device backup beforehand.
- Furthermore, you will also need to install the Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download the firmware corresponding to your device in the HEX format. Likewise, make sure to get hold of your device’s boot file as well. This would be the BOOT_LOADER.HEX file, present inside the firmware that you had just downloaded.
- Finally, download the latest version of the QPST Flash Tool: Qualcomm Product Support Tool
That’s it, these were the requirements. You may now proceed with the steps to flash the firmware via the QPST Flash Tool.
- To begin with, connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Then download and install the QPST Tool on your PC.
- Now head over to its installation directory, the default is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin
- You should see the QPSTConfig file, double click to open it.
- Once it launches, go to its Port menu and you should see the COM <number> under Port, device model number under Phone, and the Enabled Status.
- This signifies that the connection is successfully established. If you find any of these missing, then re-verify the driver installation.
- Moving on, go to the Start Clients section and select Software Download from the drop-down menu.
- This will take you to the QPST Software Download menu. Click on the Browse button next to Phone Image, navigate to the downloaded HEX firmware for your device, and select it.
- Then, click on the Browse button next to Boot Image, navigate to and select the BOOT_LOADER.HEX file.
- Once you have loaded both these files (firmware and boot), hit the Start button situated at the bottom. The flashing process shall now begin (you could keep a track of the same from the below Progress bar).
- Once done, the progress bar shall turn green and reaches 100%, the process stands complete. You may now remove your device from the PC.
That’s it. These were the steps to flash the firmware via the QPST Flash Tool. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.