Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk on any MediaTek powered device using SP Flash tool. Read our step by step guide properly! To flash you need to first create the patched boot image file for your device using Stock boot image from your respective ROM file.
Customizing an Android smartphone and performing advanced tweaks like flashing custom kernels, custom ROMs, overclocking and changing system settings is fun, but you need root access to your device to be able to do these. Well, Magisk is one-way free ticket to perform all these tweaks on your device.
Table of Contents
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a systemless interface helps you add different modules to the device. It is based on phh superuser which is an open source root solution. With this tool, you can increase the usability of your device and you get the most out of your Android device. It is not only a rooting app, it also allows the user to hide root from certain apps, and further provide the ability to easily inject additional features into the Android OS. If you install the new Magisk Manager you can simply update to the Magisk from within the manager app.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer topjohnwu who is a developer and maintainer of this popular rooting app.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This guide is strictly for MediaTek powered device. Do not use it on any other device processor like Snapdragon, Spreadtrum etc.
- You need PC/Laptop with a micro USB cable to connect.
- Make sure that you download all the required files on your PC/Laptop
- Download ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- Download and Install Android USB Drivers.
- Download latest stock ROM for your respective device
- Download and Install SP Flash tool on your PC
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.