When it comes to an online battle royale video game with next-gen capabilities, Super People is one of them that has been developed by Wonder People. This last man or squad standing battle royale game is currently going through early access via Steam. Now, Super People players are experiencing the GeeGee Launcher Grey Screen Issue while trying to launch the game on their PC. It’s really frustrating that such kind of issue is appearing a lot recently.
Although the Super People game is available on Steam and can be played via the Steam client on the PC, it’s worth mentioning that the integrated GeeGee Launcher window appears to sign into the account first to be able to play the game properly after the Super People game startup. Now, some players are reporting that either they’re facing the black screen issue with the GeeGee Launcher or having the grey screen issue due to several possible reasons.
Fix: GeeGee Launcher Grey Screen Issue
Sometimes issues with the GeeGee Launcher on the PC like network connectivity or account signing may cause the grey screen problem whatsoever. As we’ve already mentioned, even after using the Steam client on the PC, the Super People title requires the integrated GeeGee Launcher to launch properly after signing into your account. If you haven’t signed in to your account via GeeGee Launcher then you should check this guide completely.
Whereas not running the game as administrator access on the PC may also trigger GeeGee Launcher to crash or have the grey/black screen issue whatsoever. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Register a New Account on GeeGee Launcher
Though it may sound weird to some Super People players, it’s recommended to register or create a new user account on the GeeGee client and check for the issue again. The chances are high enough that there are some issues with the syncing or access of your existing user account on GeeGee Launcher. Luckily, you won’t lose your game progress data by following this method. To do so:
- Open the GeeGee Launcher on your PC.
- Now, head over to the account log-in page and register a new account with your phone number. You can use the same phone number that you’ve already used on your existing account.
- Head over to the Steam client and launch it as an administrator.
- Search for Steam in the Start menu > Click on the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Do not close the GeeGee Launcher where you registered a new account.
- Click on the Play button on the Steam client for Super People.
- A new interface of the GeeGee client might open > Now, it’ll show you a newly registered account that may ask you to close the game before exiting GeeGee.
- Once a new GeeGee has been opened by Steam, you can close the GeeGee client using the newly registered account.
- It’ll ask you to provide your phone number for verification. Do accordingly and the Super People game should launch properly.
2. Disable Compatibility Mode for GeeGee Launcher
Make sure to disable the compatibility mode for GeeGee Launcher to check whether the grey screen issue has been fixed or not. Windows OS generally comes with a compatibility mode that might allow apps to run on the system properly. If the compatibility mode is enabled for the client then you may encounter some issues with the Super People game launching whatsoever. To do this:
- First, open File Explorer on your PC > Head over to the directory where the GeeGee client is installed.
- By default, you can find it at ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\WonderPeople\GeeGeeClient’. If in case, you’ve installed the client on any other location then make sure to check for the same.
- Once you’re there, make sure to right-click on the GeeGee.exe file > Choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab > Make sure that the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’ checkbox is unchecked (disabled).
- Now, click on the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ checkbox to enable it. Again click on it to uncheck or disable it.
- Once done, click on the ‘Apply’ button and then hit ‘OK’ to save changes.
- Finally, check for the GeeGee client whether the grey screen issue is appearing or not.
3. Run the game as an administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC. It’s also recommended to run the Steam client as an administrator with the same steps. To do this:
- Right-click on the Super People exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
4. Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue. First of all, you should uninstall the GeeGee Launcher application from your PC before performing the repairing process. To do so:
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Win+I keys > Click on Apps.
- Go to Apps & features > Find out the GeeGeeClient program from the list and click on it to select.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled completely.
- Reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Now, launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Super People from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer, and check whether the GeeGee Launcher not opening issue on the PC has been fixed or not.
5. Reinstall GeeGee Launcher
Finally, if none of the above methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the GeeGee Launcher on your PC by following the steps below. Sometimes reinstalling the client can fix multiple issues with the game launching. To do that:
- Press the Windows + I key on your keyboard to open the ‘Windows Settings’ menu.
- Now, click on ‘Apps and Features’ > Search for the ‘GeeGeeClient’ from the list of applications.
- On Windows 11, you’ll have to switch to the ‘Apps’ tab on the left-hand side first.
- Click the ‘Uninstall’ button > Once the app has been uninstalled, go to and launch the game on your PC.
- GeeGee client should be installed again and then see if the problem still persists.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.