Gran Turismo 7 is a racing simulator sports video game that has been developed by Polyphony Digital and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for PS4 & PS5 consoles only. It’s the eighth main installment in the Gran Turismo lineup that has already received positive reviews by critics. Though it’s doing really well, some players are reporting about the Gran Turismo 7 Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue.
There are some bugs and stability issues appearing in the game that needs to be fixed by the developers. Well, the Guerrilla Games team is aware of this issue, and they’re working on it. It seems that some players are encountering the shimmering or sparkling issue in the gameplay, which is also considered to be a screen flickering issue in most scenarios. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue, then you can follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it.
Fix: Gran Turismo 7 Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue
Gran Turismo 7 flickering effect seems to impact console players a lot during the gameplay when it comes to performance. Whereas not everyone likes their game to be so shimmery or shiny, which might be occurring due to the improper display settings, motion blur effect, and more. We’ve already found some reports on Reddit about it. Well, some reports are suggesting that trying out another monitor or TV or even re-plugging HDMI can fix it out.
If we talk about the developer Polyphony Digital, they’re trying to provide a fix soon. However, rebooting the game twice in a quick session can help you fix the screen flickering issue easily. As per Polyphony Digital, the first restart will fix the download issue, and the second restart will activate the screen shimmering fix. So, you should try it out. Don’t worry. You’ll still be able to save the world in Gran Turismo 7.
However, there are some possible workarounds mentioned below that should gonna help you out if the recommended solutions didn’t come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Try Using Another TV or Monitor
You should try using another TV or monitor whatever screen you’re using to check whether the screen flickering issue is still bothering you or not. Some affected Gran Turismo 7 players have tried this step and found it useful.
2. Try Changing HDMI Cable
You can also try changing the HDMI cable or simply unplugging the HDMI cable from the display device and plugging back into it. This should fix the temporary connectivity or screen glitches in some cases.
3. Change Video Output and Resolution
Make sure to change the video output and video resolution on the settings menu by following the steps below:
- Press and hold down the PlayStation console’s power button for around six seconds.
- Connect your PlayStation controller via USB-C cable to the console > Press the PS button on the controller.
- Press the joystick or D-pad down to the second option to highlight ‘Change Video Output’.
- Select the first option to ‘Change Resolution’.
- Then select ‘OK’ on the next screen to restart your PS4/PS5.
- Next, select the video resolution that typically suits your TV or ‘Automatic’ to let the PS5 determine this.
- If you opt to manually choose your resolution then the next screen may ask you to select your transfer rate from ‘Automatic’, ‘-1’, or ‘-2’ options.
4. Check System Updates
It’s recommended to update the PS4/PS5 system software to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
5. Update Gran Turismo 7
If you haven’t updated the Gran Turismo 7 video game on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console for a while then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Gran Turismo 7 and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
6. Re-Enable Motion Blur
Whether you’ve turned on or off the Motion Blur option in the game settings menu. Just make sure to re-enable the Motion Blur option again. If it’s already turned on, simply turn it off and on again. Some reports suggest that this trick can fix the screen flickering or tearing issue.
As mentioned, a fix for the Gran Turismo 7 screen shimmering issue will be rolled out soon by the developers. Till then, we’ll have to wait for it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.