After Sprint carrier, Now AT&T started rolling the latest Android 8.0 Oreo for LG V20 in via FOTA. The update on the LG V20 features the latest security patch which means you will get the July 2018 Security patch update along with Android 8.0 Oreo. The new update bumps the software version to H91020G. The Update also adds some files and make the phone ready to receive the future Android 8.0 Update via FOTA.
Before we move into the upgradation process, let’s talk about the specs. LG V20 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in September 2016. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It runs on 1.6 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box and later upgraded to Nougat OS. This device packs a 32 GB of expandable internal storage. LG V20 brings a dual 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users. The rollout is in a phase-wise manner, it may take a couple of days or weeks to receive the update notification on your phone. If you are not patient, then you can upgrade AT&T LG V20 to Android 8.0 Oreo with software version H91020G manually.
Before diving into how to check software update, let’s recap the Android 8.0 Features,
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- Device Support: LG V20
- Release date: 23 August 2018
- Android version: 8.0.0
- Region: US
- Carrier: AT&T
- Security patch level (SPL): July 1, 2018
- Build number: OPR1.170623.032
- Software version: H91020G
- File size: 1.79GB
- What’s new: Android 8.0 Oreo
Before that, we request you to check for the software update manually. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software update manually on your device.
How to Update AT&T LG V20 to H91020G – v20G [LG-H910]
If you have the OTA update on your phone, then we do recommend you to install the January 2018 security patch update to keep your phone safe from vulnerabilities. Well if you have no update, then please check the OTA update manually by following the guide.
How to check OTA update on AT&T LG V20:
Go to settings—> about phone —> system update
If you have the update notification on your LG V20 phone, then hit the DOWNLOAD button to start upgrading your phone to latest software version H91020G.
Before proceeding, please make sure your phone has enough charge of at least 50%, take a full backup before upgrading or downgrading your phone. To download the OTA file, you should be on a stable WiFi connection to enjoy uninterrupted software download.
Once if you have all this, you can proceed with upgrading AT&T LG V20 to H91020G.
In case if you have received the download link to the firmware H91020G, then you can simply follow our guide to installing the software KDZ file manually.
- KDZ File: Link broken
- H91020G TWRP Flashable Zip: Download
Steps to Install Android Oreo H91020G Manually on LG V20:
First of all, download the firmware file with build H91020G and then follow the below pre-requisite.
- This Works only on LG V20
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers.
- Also, download LG UP and LG Flashtool
- Download LG Bridge software.
- install TWRP Recovery on LG V20
Instructions to Install KDZ File:
I hope you have installed all the above required LG tools and drivers on your PC. Now you can install the Android Oreo Stock firmware on LG V20 by just tapping the tutorial link down below.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]Guide to Install LG Firmware on any LG phone
Instructions to Install via TWRP:
- Download the Android Oreo TWRP Flashable Stock firmware file.
- Now move the downloaded TWRP Flashable stock ROM to SD Card using USB Cable from PC.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery. (TWRP)
- Once you are booted into TWRP, now Wipe –> Now wipe the system, data (not absolutely necessary if already running stock but if you have problems, wiping data may solve them), cache and Dalvik-cache.
- Make sure you have an external SD card (NOT FORMATTED FOR USE AS INTERNAL STORAGE) or USB OTG drive to store your backups and ROM and other zips you want to flash. If you boot a ROM without flashing a zip to disable force encryption, your internal storage will be encrypted. If your external SD card is formatted as internal storage and you format /data your external SD card may also be wiped.
Encrypted internal and external storage CANNOT be accessed by your PC. If you have files, there you need to save you’ll need a USB OTG drive to copy them from your device while the OS is booted.
- Now Flash the ROM –> TWRP —> INSTALL –> Browse for the Stock ROM file –> Select and SWIPE To flash.
- You can root by flashing the latest Magisk.
- flash a zip to disable dm-verity (no-verity-opt-encrypt will make force-encrypt optional, no-verity-force-encrypt will force encryption).
- REBOOT RECOVERY to make TWRP stick.
- Reboot and Enjoy!
So, that’s all about it. If you are an Associated Carrier Group subscriber, then grab the LG V20 H91020G Android Oreo OTA update. It’s high time the LG flagship needs to get the Android OS level upgrade.
Where can I find the kdz file download? Can you send me the link?
dónde puedo descargar el archivo H91020G KDZ
where can I download the file H91020G KDZ
HELLO , wher can i find the kdz file?
Where is the link to the kdz file?