Do you want to install Custom Recovery on LG V20 (All Variant)? Here is our full guide on How to install TWRP Recovery on LG V20. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.
If you want to unleash the full power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on your LG V20. If you have a TWRP Recovery on LG V20, you can always try Custom ROM, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting, Mods, etc in few simple steps.
Rooting Procedure is followed only after installing the TWRP Recovery on your Phone. If you want to try only Rooting procedure, we recommend following How to Root any Android Phone without PC.
This is a guide to Install latest TWRP Recovery for LG V20. Download the Install TWRP Recovery on LG V20 today and Read the steps below. This is an official TWRP Recovery for LG V20 from TWRP Team. If you install any Custom Recovery on LG V20, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file such as Xposed. Read the guide carefully on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery for LG V20.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
To install TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery on LG V20, you must have a Unlocked Bootloader. If your phone doesn’t have a Unlocked Bootloader, first of all you should go and unlock the bootloader of your phone. Only after doing so you can safely apply everything that’s detailed in this tutorial. This works on US996, LS997, VS995, H910, H990 and H918.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V20 (All Variant) (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for LG V20 [All Variant]
- Download and Install LG V20 Stock Firmware [Back To Stock ROM – Collection]
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On LG V20 (All Variant)
- This works on LG V20 (US996, LS997, VS995, H910, H990 and H918)
- This Guide is for How to Install Official TWRP for LG V20.
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%.
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later.
- You need to unlock Bootloader first.
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
|US996 (US Cellular)||3.2.1-0||Download|
Full guide on How To Install TWRP Recovery On LG V20
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Install the Minimal ADB or Full adb Setup (Screenshot from Minimal ADB Tool)
- You need to enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock
- Download the Minimal ADB or Full ADB Zip and install/Extract it on your computer
- Turn off your phone, now boot your phone into Bootloader by pressing Volume Up + Power Button Simultaneously. Now you will see a fast boot/bootloader
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now turn your phone into bootloader -> Turn off your smartphone – Press and Hold Power and Volume UP button – You will see Fastboot mode – or else, you can type the command if your device is in ADB mode. ( phone should be turned on and connected to PC via USB Cable.)
adb reboot bootloader
- If you are booted into fast boot, type the command below in CMD screen.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers or cables are not installed correctly. if you want to continue, you must first fix your problem.
- First, you need to Unlock Bootloader to flash any Custom Recovery or mods. To Unlock Bootloader, Type the command
fastboot oem unlock-go
- After Bootloader Unlock, You can flash the recovery, Type the command (Change TWRP name to recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfully installed. Enjoy.
- TO REBOOT INTO RECOVERY, TURN YOUR Phone OFF, PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON TOGETHER TO ENTER RECOVERY.
How to Root LG V20:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root LG V20 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting LG V20, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your LG V20, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your LG V20 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking LG V20.
- Uninstall Bloatware on LG V20.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting LG V20, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root LG V20 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on LG V20. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.