As IO Interactive has recently released the final part of the World of Assassination trilogy called ‘Hitman III’ aka Hitman 3 on the Epic Games Store for Windows platform, more and more interested people are trying to download the game. It seems that Epic Games Store is hitting the deck so hard to give a tough competition to the Steam platform for sure in terms of the AAA gaming titles since last year. But somehow Epic Games Store servers aren’t strong enough to hold their nerves during the peak times of downloading or playing Epic Games exclusive gaming titles. Talking about Hitman 3, several users are reporting that they’re experiencing Download Stuck or Slow Download issue most of the time.
Mostly the affected Epic Games Store users are reporting that the Hitman 3 download process gets stuck at the 0.00B/s and even after waiting for a couple of minutes or so, the game download doesn’t progress at all. Well, initially, it may see that somehow the internet connection is having any issue. But that’s not the case for everyone because even after having a good internet connection and speed, the particular problem persists. Luckily, we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds that you should follow below.
Fix: Hitman 3 Download Stuck or Slow Download
Before jumping into the guide, keep in mind that the main possible reason behind the slow download or progress stuck is a server overload or any kind of technical issues. Alternatively, any issue with your internet connection or the game file can be another reason.
1. Check the Server Status
With the release of most online games like Hitman 3, plenty of players are encountering server connectivity issues such as attempting to download the game or update it. Sometimes connecting to the server to get online access in the Hitman 3 can also become tough which players don’t like. The server-side issue can basically ruin the download speed or it may be stuck downloading. Therefore, checking the server status by visiting the HITMAN Status website or DownDetector will be a good idea.
If you find there is any server issue or overload happening in the background, make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try downloading the game again.
2. Pause Download and Reboot Epic Games Launcher
Server connectivity issues can also happen due to the game launcher in some cases. It’s always better to simply pause the download progress and restart the Epic Games Launcher for your Hitman 3 to clear any temporary glitch (if any). Even restarting the PC/Laptop can also help you sometimes to clear any unnecessary system glitch or cache that can impact download speed or fetching the server. However, if it fails, move to the next method.
3. Grant Admin Access via UAC
Make sure that you’re running your Hitman 3 game or Epic Games Launcher as an administrator granted by UAC (User Account Control) on your Windows system. This becomes quite necessary to fetch or sync all game files properly with the servers. If in case, you haven’t done it, pause the download progress and close the game as well as the launcher.
- Now, right-click on the Epic Games Launcher shortcut or executable file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Under the Compatibility tab, select the checkbox Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Once done, you can now run the game launcher with admin access.
If you run the Hitman 3 game directly on your PC/Laptop, do the same steps with the hitman3.exe (executable) file and give admin privileges.
4. Check Internet Connection
It’s known to all that an unstable internet connection or slow internet speed can cause multiple issues with the server connectivity. That means a slow internet speed will offer a slow download process or even stuck the download progress as well. If you find there is no issue with the game server and administrator permission then make sure to cross-check the internet connection properly.
However, if you think there is an issue with your internet connection for some reason, you should run the network troubleshooter by following the steps below:
- Click on the Network/Wi-Fi icon from the Windows Taskbar.
- Now, click on Network & Internet settings.
- Click on Network troubleshooter from the Network Status window.
- The troubleshooter will start scanning for the issue.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Now, you may have to choose from your active network adapter to diagnose like LAN or Wi-Fi.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- If there is any problem found, the network troubleshooter will automatically fix the issue.
- You may have to select Apply this fix for that.
However, if there is no problem found, then you can proceed to another method below.
5. Modify Engine.ini File
This method is quite hard in terms of the other methods and if you’re not sure what you’re doing, we’ll recommend you to do the steps carefully or simply avoid it. Meanwhile, the advanced PC users or players can easily perform modifying the Engine.ini file from the installed Epic Games Launcher folder on the PC/Laptop.
- Make sure that both the Hitman 3 game and Epic Games Launcher are closed.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager > From the Processes tab, look for the background running Epic Games Launcher tasks (if any), and perform End Task.
- Now, go to the following path on your computer:
- Right-click on the Engine.ini file from this folder and open it with Notepad.
- Now, copy and paste the following values into the Engine.ini file via Notepad:
[HTTP] HttpTimeout=10 HttpConnectionTimeout=10 HttpReceiveTimeout=10 HttpSendTimeout=10
- Next, copy and paste the following values too.
[Portal.BuildPatch] ChunkDownloads=5 ChunkRetries=20 RetryTime=0.5
- Do the same with the below values.
[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver] InitialConnectTimeout=5.0 ConnectionTimeout=20.0 KeepAliveTime=0.2 MaxPortCountToTry=512
- Again copy and paste the below values in the Engine.ini file.
[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.OnlineBeacon] BeaconConnectionInitialTimeout=5.0 BeaconConnectionTimeout=45.0
- Press Ctrl + S keys to save changes to the file.
- Now, right-click on the Engine.ini file > Click on Properties > Select the checkbox as Read Only.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer and check whether the Hitman 3 download stuck or download slow issue is appearing again or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.