Android Auto is a familiar word these days in the automobile industry. Moreover, most of the cars come in-built with this feature and are one of the highlights of the whole car itself. Recently, Google made the Dark Theme available for the Android Auto app and also simplified the controls of the already brilliant UI of the Android Auto. However, with limited features in the customization department of the app, Android Auto’s interface quickly becomes boring and stale. In this post, we will give you a guide on how to change the Android auto background with the Substratum themes app.
Also Read: Best Android Auto Alternatives for your Car
All thanks to developer Gabriele Rizzo Shmykelsa, you can now change the background and of the Android Auto app. You can now set and change wallpapers on the Android Auto with the Substratum theme app. Besides, you need to build a theme with the Substratum theme manager app and then you can apply any wallpaper on your Android Auto app to brings freshness to its UI. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Fix: Google Pixel 6a Android Auto Not Working or Keeps Disconnecting
Fix: After Android 13 Update, Android Auto Not Working Properly
Pandora Not Working on Android Auto, How to Fix?
How to Fix If Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro Android Auto Not Working
Fix: OnePlus 11 Android Auto Not Working
Fix: Android Auto Not Working on Xiaomi Devices Running MIUI 14 Based Android 13
How to Change Android Auto background with Substratum themes?
Substratum themes app runs on Android 5.0 or above operating system and will help you easily customize the look of your Android Auto app. You can choose from a range of in-built options provided within the app that also includes different car manufacturers logos, GoT (Game Of Thrones) wallpapers, Superhero character wallpapers, and more. However, note that there are several users that have reported that this feature does not work with the latest Android 10 but runs perfectly on Android 9 Pie.
Moreover, you can also request the developer to include your suggested wallpapers in the next update. Besides, the app is available for free to download from the Google Play Store.
Steps to change Android Auto background with Substratum
- Firstly, download the Substratum AA Wallpaper app by clicking the following link above.
- Install the app on your Android device.
- Download and install the Substratum Theme Engine on your device as well.
- Make sure you have the Android Auto installed on your Android device.
- Open the Substratum Manager app and tap on the Android Auto Backgrounds.
- Tap on the checkbox corresponding to the Android Auto and tap on the Select Background drop-down menu.
- You will be presented with a list of Wallpapers from which you can choose anyone to apply on your Android Auto app.
- Tap on the Install Selected button and build the theme to install on the device.
- Once the theme is built and installed, open the Android Auto app and you will see that the background has now changed to your chosen one.
- That’s It!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and were able to change the background of your Android Auto app with the help of the Substratum AA Wallpaper app. Let us know in the comments if you come across any difficulties while following any of the above-mentioned steps. Until the next post…Cheers!