Xiaomi Poco X4 GT launched globally, which features a 6.6-inch display with a 144Hz refresh rate, and a MediaTek Dimensity 8100 SoC powers it under the hood. The device sports a triple rear camera setup which includes a 64 MP primary sensor, an 8 MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2 MP macro lens.
If you’re using the Poco X4 GT device and want to enable root access via Magisk, then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared the steps to Root Poco X4 GT using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
To root your Poco X4 GT, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Poco X4 GT Device Overview:
The Xiaomi Poco X4 GT features a 6.6 inches IPS LCD panel with a 144 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The screen is protected by Gorilla Glass 5 and supports Dolby Vision. Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Dimensity 8100 processor built on a 5 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.85 GHz and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G610 MC6. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with MIUI 13 skin running on top.
In optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The triple rear camera setup consists of a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens, an 8 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 16 MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera system can shoot 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes in two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. We do not get a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, NFC, Infrared port, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, and color spectrum. Powering it all is a 5080 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using a 67W power adapter. The company claims the smartphone goes from 0 to 100% in just 46 minutes. The smartphone is available in three color options: Black, Blue, and Silver.
Steps To Root Poco X4 GT Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download the links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Poco X4 GT
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, you can get important data if anything goes wrong.
- The Poco X4 GT models support the image file in this article. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device to the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Poco X4 GT Firmware Flash File and move it to the PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Poco X4 GT
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Poco X4 GT from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful and successfully rooted your Poco X4 GT device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Oi, tudo bem? Bom dia, queria saber se tem alguma forma de liberar 120fps no cod mobile sem root no poco x4 gt