There is so much to do on the Android platform if you’re an advanced user or a developer. Due to its open-source nature, you will find plenty of customization options on Android. As an Android user, some times users prefer to flash any custom file like Custom ROM, TWRP, Rooting, and more. But all the Android devices come with a locked bootloader from its manufacturer due to some security reasons. Now, if you’re one of them who want to customize and freely use their devices, this guide is for you. If you’re using the Motorola One Zoom or planning to buy it, here in this article, we will share with you steps on How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola One Zoom device.
Unlocking the Bootloader will perform a factory reset to the device that erases all the device settings, user data, third-party apps, and more from the internal storage completely. This will let you freely install a Custom ROM, enable Root access, etc on your Android device.
Before going to the bootloader unlocking details and steps, let’s take a look at the device specifications.
Motorola One Zoom Specifications: Overview
The Motorola One Zoom handset recently launched with a Super AMOLED 6.39-inches display that has a Full-HD+ resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SoC coupled with Adreno 612 GPU. While the device packs 4GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage that can be expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card (hybrid slot).
The handset runs on Android 9 Pie with Motorola’s own Stock Android UI. It sports a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (f/1.7) wide-angle lens, an 8MP (f/2.4) telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom, a 16MP (f/2.2) ultrawide angle lens, and a 5MP depth sensor as well. It has an Dual-tone Dual-LED flash, PDAF, OIS, HDR, Panorama, etc.
While the front features a 25MP selfie camera with f/2.0 lens and HDR mode. The device packs a 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support. It has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, FM Radio, a 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port, and more. All other major sensors are also available in this device.
The Bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device turned on. It instructs the system to boot the OS from the kernel and ramdisk. Each and every operating system running smart devices are comes under the list like smartphones, tablets, PCs, smartwatches, smart TVs, and more.
the smartphone manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader. If you’re an advanced user and want to install any custom third-party file on your device, you have to unlock the device bootloader first.
- You will need a Laptop/PC and a USB Cable.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of your device data.
- Make sure to download all the required files, drivers from below.
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it.
- Download the Motorola USB Drivers for your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola One Zoom via ADB Fastboot
- First, you need to enable the Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- In order to do this, go to your device Settings > About > Software Information > More > tap on the Build Number for 7 times to see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Now, go back to the main settings menu > search Developer Options > tap on it > turn on the OEM Unlock and USB Debugging settings.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot zip file on your PC and install it.
- Now, connect your Motorola phone to the computer via USB cable and install the Motorola USB Drivers on your PC.
- Go to the installed ADB Fastboot folder and open a command prompt window by pressing the Shift + Right Mouse button click in a blank area > click on Open Command Prompt here.
- Now, type the following command in the command prompt and press enter:
- This command will list the connected device serial number. If your phone’s serial number shows up there then you are good to go. (If not listed, then re-install the USB Driver and retry typing the above command)
- Next, enter the below command and hit the enter button to get the unlock code
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will display a 5 line code and you just have to copy it on a notepad and make it in one-line code.
- Go to the Motorola Unlock Page and click on the Next button and login/sign up with the Motorola account.
- Copy the one-line code that you copied and paste it in the Motorola Unlock Page interface.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click on ‘I Agree’ and click on ‘Request Unlock Key’.
- You will receive a code in your Email ID. Copy the code and replace it with the ‘code’. (Without inverted commas)
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Again enter the above command and your device bootloader will be unlocked.
- Now, type the following code and hit enter:
- Now, your phone will reboot. Wait for a while and your device will boot into the system again.
- Set up your phone and you’re done.
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader on Motorola One Zoom. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.