If you are the owner of the Realme 5 and 5 Pro smartphones and are looking for ways to unlock the bootloader of either of the devices then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader on Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro. The Realme 5 and 5 Pro was launched in August 2019. Like all other smartphones, both the Realme 5/5 Pro smartphone come with a locked bootloader. However, you need to follow all the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
Moreover, if you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP to root the device. Also, rooting allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc on the device. Note that the unlocking of the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, it is better to allow the warranty period to get over and then unlock it. However, if you do not want to wait then, you can follow this guide on how to unlock the bootloader on Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro.
Quick Specs Overview
The latest offering from Realme, the Realme 5 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 which is paired with Adreno 610 GPU for powerful gaming and UI experience. The device runs on the Android 9 Pie with ColorOS on top and comes packed with a 5000 mAh battery. In the display department, the Realme 5 has a 6.5-inch LCD display with a water-drop notch that also houses a 13MP selfie camera. It also features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner as well. The device offers 3/4GB of RAM options along with 32/64/128GB of storage options as well.
Talking about the USP of the device, the camera at the rear houses a quad-camera setup with a 12MP primary sensor +8MP+2MP+2MP lenses. Realme 5 is available in two colors – Crystal Blue and Crystal Purple.
Realme 5 Pro
Realme 5 Pro is the maxed-out version of the standard Realme 5. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 which is paired with Adreno 616 GPU for powerful gaming and UI experience. The device runs on the Android 9 Pie with ColorOS on top and comes packed with a 4035 mAh battery that supports Fast battery charging 20W. In the display department, the Realme 5 Pro has a 6.3-inch LCD display with a water-drop notch that also houses a 16MP selfie camera. It also features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner as well. The device offers 4/6/8GB of RAM options along with 64/128GB of storage options as well.
Talking about the USP of the device, the camera at the rear houses a quad-camera setup with a 48MP primary sensor +8MP+2MP+2MP lenses. Realme 5 Pro is available in two colors – Crystal Blue and Crystal Green.
How to unlock bootloader on Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro
Before we begin the unlocking of the bootloader on Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro, let us take a deep look at what is a bootloader and what advantages or disadvantages you get, once you unlock it;
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
- Realme 5/ Realme 5 Pro with 60%+ battery
- USB Cable
- A Windows PC / MacBook
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro
- Make sure that you have backed-up all the data of your internal memory securely before heading on with the unlock procedure.
- You need to check that you have the latest and the official version of the system running on your device.
- Download the “Unlock Tool APK” from the download section above and install it on the smartphone. (Make sure that you choose the compatible unlock tool for your realme device)
- Now, open the unlock tool and click on “Start applying“.
- You will be presented with a disclaimer. It is advised that you read the disclaimer in detail.
- Once you are done with it select the checkbox and submit your application.
- After this, the application will be checked by the Realme servers and within approximately 1 hour the unlock tool will show you the status of your request.
- Once you are through with the unlock request, then you need to tap on the “Start the in-depth test”.
- This will reboot your device automatically.
- You will be shown with the following string on your device’s screen:
fast boot_unlock_verify ok
- Now download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools from the download section on your PC.
- Then, connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type in:
fastboot flashing unlock
- You will be displayed a screen like below. You need to press the Volume Up key to select “Unlock“. You can go back by pressing the Volume Down key if you changed your mind about unlocking the bootloader.
- Once you press the Volume Up button, you will be presented with a new interface.
- Now, enter the below command:
- This will automatically reboot your smartphone and will enter the in-depth test mode.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro smartphones.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to unlock the bootloader of Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro smartphones. Note that you should only follow this guide if you are using it on either Realme 5 or 5 Pro and not any other devices to avoid problems. Moreover, you can go ahead and flash any custom recovery like TWRP to root your device and open the world of customizations. Let us know in the comments if you successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Realme 5/5 Pro device using the above method or not. Until the next post…Cheers!