The year of 2019 was quite great for the Oppo’s sub-brand Realme as the company has launched some of its best-in-class upper mid-range segment smartphones and Realme X2 is one of them. While Realme has released security patch updates to its most of the devices which is a good sign. The device was launched in September 2019 with Android 9 Pie (ColorOS 6) and comes with a locked bootloader. Now, you can Unlock Bootloader on Realme X2 by following the guide below.
The Realme X2 (RMX1992) offers pretty good hardware specifications and runs on Oppo’s ColorOS skin. However, some of the users may not like this skin due to the lack of optimization or plenty of missing features. So, if you’re an advanced Realme X2 user and want to unlock the device bootloader to perform custom firmware flashing, rooting, or installing custom recovery, then this article is for you only. Take a full backup at first before performing this as the bootloader unlock method will delete device data.
It’s also worth mentioning that due to security reasons, all the smartphone OEMs provide its devices with a locked bootloader so that the user can stick to the stock ROM and stock UI for better user experience for a longer period of time. But if you’ve made up your mind to move to another aftermarket firmware or flashing any mod file or rooting, you should know that it will void the device warranty. Alternatively, you can always re-lock the device bootloader also. So, don’t worry.
Table of Contents
Realme X2: Device Overview
The handset came with a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution, protected with the Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It’s powered by Snapdragon 730G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU, 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage option. The device packs a quad rear camera setup of 64MP (wide, f/1.8) + 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.3) + 2MP (dedicated macro camera, f/2.4) + 2MP depth sensor (f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc.
On the front side, it has a 32MP selfie camera (wide, f/2.0) with HDR mode, and more. It features a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 5, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, etc. It sports a 4,000mAh battery with 30W fast charging support. While the device has an in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme X2:
Here we will guide to unlock the bootloader. Before that downloads the drivers and tools on your PC.
- To Unlock Bootloader On Realme X2, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the Realme X2 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
First method: Unlock bootloader using official Unlock
To unlock the bootloader on your device – all user data on the phone will be cleared. We recommend you perform a data backup prior to applying.
- First of all, download the bootloader unlock app and move it to your phone and install it.
- On your PC, make sure to download the latest ADB and fastboot tool and extract it on C:// Drive
- Open the app and Click “Start applying”
- Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application
- The application will be checked by our server
- Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of unlocking – if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step
- You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and press and hold the power key to reboot the device. You will then enter the fastboot mode
- Once you enter fastboot mode, open the ADB and Fastboot tool folder.
- Now press and hold the SHIFT KEY and click the right mouse button anywhere on the same folder.
- In the command window, enter the command key
fastboot flashing unlock
- You need to confirm on your phone: On your phone press the volume key to select “Unlock The Bootloader” and press the power key to confirm.
- That’s it! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
We hope this guide was helpful to unlock the bootloader on Realme X2.