From this tutorial, you could download and install the latest Realme USB Drivers onto your PC. The smartphone market is brimming with new offerings. Among the newer entry in this list is the one from the BBK Electronics subsidiary, known as Realme. In just a short span of time, this OEM has managed to attract a loyal fanbase. Catering to the budget and the premium smartphones, it has quite an impressive list of devices lined up. Earlier it used to have the Oppo’s ColorOS have the underlying customized Android OS skin. But know it bring its own Realme UI (based on Android 10). While there is no denying the plethora of customizations that it has to offer, but that is just the beginning.
You could carry out tons of other activities once you connect your Realme device to PC via USB. But for that, your PC needs to recognize your device in the first place. Until and unless that happens, the connection stands futile. Hence you wouldn’t be able to carry out even the basic file transfer, let alone some higher-level modifications. So to make sure that your PC successfully recognizes your Realme device, you will have to install the device-specific USB drivers. And this guide will help you do just that. But before the installation steps, let’s check out what exactly are USB drivers and their associated advantages.
Table of Contents
What are USB Drivers
So a lot of our readers might be interested in knowing about these drivers. In simplest of terms, USB Drivers are a set of software programs that help your PC in recognizing or identifying the connected device. The thing is there are many different types of devices that one could connect to the PC. From your keyboards and mouse to camcorders, HDD and smartphones, the list goes on. However, your PC might have trouble identifying which of these devices is connected at a point in time.
This is where the USB drivers come into the picture. Once you have installed your Realme device’s USB drivers, the PC operating system would have no issue whatsoever in identifying the connected device. As a result, it will then allow you to carry out the desired tasks. Talking about the latter, USB drivers allows a user to execute many different types of functionalities, let’s check them out.
Advantages of USB Drivers
While there exists a plenitude of advantages associated with these drivers, let’s check out some of the noteworthy ones. To begin with is the most frequently used feature of the file transfer. You could literally transfer any type of file, of any size whatsoever. Then you could also make use of the USB Tethering functionality. This will allow you to share the device’s internet with your PC. Likewise, the MIDI option for interacting with musical equipment and the PTP mode for transferring photos via the camera software also gets pretty easy.
Apart from that, to make use of Android’s open-source ecosystem, users go in for unlocking bootloader, flashing Custom ROMs, a custom recovery like TWRP, or gain administrative-level privileges by rooting their device via SuperSU or Magisk. They also execute some important ADB and Fastboot commands. But to effectively carry out these tasks, you need Android SDK Platform Tools and USB drivers. Well, even the platform-tools wouldn’t be able to carry out any of its jobs if the appropriate USB drivers aren’t installed.
So with this, all our readers might have got a perfect idea as to the importance of this software. On that note, you could now grab hold of the USB Drivers for your Realme device and then proceed with the installation steps.
List of Supported Realme USB drivers:
Regarding the installation, we would be using the android_winusb file. This is a Setup Information file having the .inf extension. Part of the Android Bootloader Interface, it will then help your PC in successfully recognizing your Realme device, be it in the normal boot mode or the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode. With that said, there are a couple of prerequisites that you need to look after before trying out the below steps.
- To begin with, enable the USB Debugging on your device. This will be needed to execute the ADB commands and hence boot your device to Fastboot Mode.
- Next up, we would also request to download and install Android SDK Platform Tools. This will provide the necessary ADB and Fastboot binaries.
Once both of these are installed, you may proceed with the Realme USB Drivers installation steps.
Steps to Follow
- Download and extract the USB drivers that you have downloaded for your device from the above section.
- Now if you are dealing with Fastboot, then you will have to boot your device to that mode first. For the users in ADB mode, just enabling the USB Debugging should suffice.
- So to boot your device to Fastboot, head over to the platform-tools folder. Within that folder’s address bar, type in CMD in the address bar and hit Enter.
- This will launch the Command Prompt. Connect your Realme device to PC via USB cable and enter the below command in the CMD window:
adb reboot bootloader
- This will then boot your device to the Fastboot or Bootloader Mode.
- Now on your PC, right-click on the Window’s icon and search for Device Manager.
- Then click on the Other Devices section to expand it. As of now, your device will be shown as Other or Unknown Device, with a yellow exclamation mark. This is because as of now the necessary USB drivers aren’t installed on your PC.
- So go ahead, right-click on the Other or Unknown Device, and select Update Drivers.
- Then in the next menu that appears, select Browse my Computer for Updated Driver software.
- Next up, select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Then from the device-type menu, select Show all devices and hit the Next button.
- Subsequently, click on the Have Disk button.
- Click on Browse and navigate to the Realme USB drivers that you have earlier extracted. Select the android_winusb file and click on Open.
- Then click on Android Bootloader Interface and click the Next button situated at the bottom right.
- As soon as you click on Next, the driver installation will then start. The entire process should only take a couple of minutes. Once it finishes, you will be greeted with the Success message.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to install the Realme USB drivers onto your PC. Just follow the steps given above and you shouldn’t have any device connection or identification issues. But if that happens, do let us know your queries in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.