If you are the owner of any Realme phone and are looking for ways via which you can unlock the bootloader of the device, then you are at the right place. Because in this post, we will be sharing with you the official method on how to unlock any Realme bootloader with the Realme Unlock App. Keep in mind that you need to follow all the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
Moreover, if you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP to root the device. Also, rooting allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc. on the device. Note that the unlocking of the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, it is better to allow the warranty period to get over and then unlock it. However, if you do not want to wait then, you can follow this guide on how to unlock bootloader on any Realme smartphone.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bootloader Unlock?
- 2 Why do we need to unlock the bootloader?
- 3 Disadvantages of bootloader unlock?
- 4 Pre-Requisites
- 5 Steps to Unlock bootloader on any Realme device
What is Bootloader Unlock?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
Why do we need to unlock the bootloader?
Apart from the said advantages mentioned in the above paragraph, below are the advantages that you will get once you have unlocked the bootloader on your phone:
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
Disadvantages of bootloader unlock?
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader of your Realme phone, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Realme smartphone is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Realme phone get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Realme USB Drivers on your PC.
Download Realme Unlocking App
More importantly, you need an official Realme unlocking application that is provided by Realme itself, for users who are willing to unlock the bootloader of their Realme phone. Click the button below to download the unlock app:
Enable Developer Option, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock
Follow our in-depth guides on how to enable Developer Option, enable USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock options on your Android smartphone.
Download ADB Fastboot tool
You are also required to run certain ADB commands from your PC and execute them on your phone, and for that, you need to have installed on your computer that latest ADB and Fastboot tools. You can download the latest ADB and Fastboot tool by clicking the button below:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools
Steps to Unlock bootloader on any Realme device
- Make sure that you have backed-up all the data of your internal memory securely before heading on with the unlock procedure.
- You need to check that you have the latest and the official version of the system running on your device.
- Download the “Unlock Tool APK” from the download section above and install it on the smartphone.
- Now, open the unlock tool and click on “Start applying.”
- You will be presented with a disclaimer. It is advised that you read the disclaimer in detail.
- Once you are done with it, select the checkbox, and submit your application.
- After this, the application will be checked by the Realme servers, and within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool will show you the status of your request.
- Once you are through with the unlock request, then you need to tap on the “Start the in-depth test.”
- This will reboot your device automatically.
- You will be shown with the following string on your device’s screen:
fast boot_unlock_verify ok
- Now download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools from the download section on your PC.
- Then, connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type in:
fastboot flashing unlock
- You will be displayed a screen like below. You need to press the Volume Up key to select “Unlock.” You could go back by pressing the Volume Down key if you changed your mind about unlocking the bootloader.
- Once you press the Volume Up button, you will be presented with a new interface.
- Now, enter the below command:
- This will automatically reboot your smartphone and will enter the in-depth test mode.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Realme phone.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to unlock the bootloader of any Realme smartphone using the Realme Unlocking App. Note that you should only follow this guide if you are using it on a Realme smartphone and not any other devices to avoid problems. Moreover, you can go ahead and flash any custom recovery like TWRP to root your device and open the world of customizations. Let us know in the comments if you successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Realme phone using the above method or not. Until the next post…Cheers!